45 | JOHN MEGA DOUCHE MILTON

YOU THINK I DON'T KEEP TABS ON YOU?

☆︎ FEBRUARY 4TH, 2000 ☆︎

Shortly after checking out some of the other places where Maureen's photos were taken, Sidney asked to take a break. It was bringing up a lot of bad memories of her dead mother. So, while Dewey waited outside, she and Indiana stopped inside one of the lots and used the restroom there.

Indiana sat on the edge of a sink, watching Sidney carefully as she cupped some water in her hands and splashed it on her face.

"You okay?" Indy asked in a soft tone while holding out a paper towel for her.

"Yeah," she said in a weak tone while taking it. But both noticed how Sidney's hand was shaking as she did so.

So, Indiana covered it with her own, the shaking stopping as she did so. "Hey, you'll get through this. I'm not losing anyone else."

"That's not something you can control," Sidney whispered, both of them thinking of Isaiah. "And I - I mean, all that stuff Randy was saying about the killer being invincible. You shot him last night, and that didn't slow him down."

"Yeah, well, I'm sure a knife in his back will do the trick," she muttered. "But we're gonna stay together until then. We'll figure all this out."

Sidney nodded and then looked at herself in the mirror, sighing at what she saw — a tired and scared girl who was still stuck in 1996. And Indiana wasn't much better, clinging onto 1998 when Mickey and Cici were still around.

"Come on, Sid," she muttered to herself, rubbing her hands over her face.

Whatever comforting words Indiana was going to say were cut off by a banging sound. Both girls looked around the seemingly empty bathroom in alarm, and Indy slid off the sink, ready for anything. They shared a look before ducking down to peer under the stall doors, catching sight of a pair of black boots disappearing to step up on a toilet as they did so.

Sidney reached into the pocket of her jacket and pulled out a container of pepper spray, moving to stand in front of Indiana since she didn't have anything but her fists to protect herself with. Then Sid kicked in the door of the stall, making the person inside scream and drop the armful of items they were holding.

It was fucking Angelina, who was crouched over and holding a bundle of black fabric in her arms. But then she looked up and saw who they were — who Sidney was, at least, and freaked out.

"Oh, my god, Sidney Prescott!" she exclaimed while stepping off the toilet. "Oh, my god! I'm Angelina Tyler. I'm you!" As she spoke, Indiana grabbed Sidney and pulled her back a few steps, still not trusting the actress after her disappearance the night before. "I mean, I'm not. I mean, I was."