34 | BARBIE DREAMHOUSE

WHY ARE YOU SO INTERESTED IN JACKSON'S ASS?

☆︎ JUNE, 1999 ☆︎

"Oh, my god. Is this Grammy winner, Indiana Winger, lead singer of The Woodsboro Killers?"

"Shut up! Is this the Sidney Prescott, light of my life and owner of the prettiest smile?"

Indiana could hear Sidney giggle through the phone, which made her smile, knowing that her friend wasn't totally miserable at her cabin. The pair would call each other once a week, at least, to check up and fill each other in on their lives.

Admittedly, Sidney didn't have much to fill Indiana in about. She'd gotten a job at a women's crisis hotline and could work from home, helping people in need without anyone knowing her real name. And she also had a golden retriever named Tate to keep her company and serve as a guard dog.

"Zay is with me, by the way," Indy added, letting her know the phone was on speaker. The pair were laying on Indiana's bed and waiting for a pizza to arrive for lunch.

"Hi, Sid," the boy called, glancing up from his Spider-Man comic book.

"Hey, Zay," she greeted. "So, how's your week going there?"

"Hectic," Indiana groaned while rolling onto her back. She bumped into Isaiah, who elbowed her for crinkling his comic book. "You know how we're gonna shoot that music video? Well, Rod sent us a ton of resumes to look for to choose a director, and they had all these technical terms and experience that I didn't understand."

"Well, did you get Randy to explain it to you?" she asked, knowing he was a pro at that kind of stuff.

"Yeah, but it still didn't help," Isaiah spoke up, a small smile on his lips. "You know how Randy is."

"Fair."

"Anyway, so Jax and I just picked the one with the least amount of experience and convinced the others to agree."

"Why the least experienced?" Sid asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, we're a small band that's growing. I think it'd be really cool to help someone else get their name in the industry. Tons of famous directors are scrambling for the job but they'll have other options even if we didn't pick them," she explained.

"So, who is the lucky director?"

"Some guy named Roman Bridger."

When Sidney spoke next, Indiana could hear the smile in her tone. "Did you pick him because he had the shortest resume or because you think his name is cool?"

"I mean, it is a really cool name, Sid," Indiana said, grinning. Isaiah just rolled his eyes playfully.

"Well, I hope he and his cool name make a really cool video," Sidney said. "Are you guys going back to L.A. to shoot it?"