|109| "The Lovely Grim Reaper"

The Lovely Grim Reaper

by Clarenece Panopio

Another soul came to the purgatory...

As the soul starts to regain its sense, a dark figure emerged from the thick fog...

As the soul fully regained its mind, it felt fear from the aura and the darkness that the figure from the fog emits and realized it was the grim reaper, so it started running...

As the soul started to run into nothingness, the dark figure started to move faster which made the soul more afraid...

Thus, the soul ran as fast as it could but the it seems as the dark figure is faster than before.

Suddenly, the figure disappeared from the fog. And when it turned its head upfront, a cold gaze from the grim reaper is staring at the soul's eyes which made it fall on its knees.

The soul closed its eyes waiting for the worst to come. Yet one, two, and several seconds passed, nothing happened. As it opened its eyes, it saw a warm smile with a hint of confusion from the figure's face with its hands held out as if to help. Then it helped the soul to get back on its feet as it shows what come ahead if the soul continued running.

The edge of the cliff with the bottomless pit

The soul realized what happened and asked for forgiveness from the figure.

The soul finished its trial with the help of the grim reaper which it now considers friend. And the grim reaper said its goodbyes and wished the soul good luck. Now it is alone again as it waits for another soul to come by.

The End