*24* An ancient prophecy

There were rumors, although in the company of the brothers, none of the Knights of the Light dared to say anything out loud.  More and more often they were accompanied by excited whispers, people pointed at them with their fingers, which drove Phuwin to a white fever.  Dunk tried to reassure him, to explain that it was nothing, but everyone knew that until they achieved something themselves, the rumors would not go away.

And it wasn't about their sexual orientation, it didn't matter that much in their world, after all, it was completely natural.  It was about something more, something they didn't have much control over either.  First felt quite insecure under the barrage of stares, even if they were curious rather than hostile, and there was no hostility in the whispers of these magical beings, hybrids, and the rest.  Everyone seemed intrigued by what was going on.  The new students slowly got to know the next Knights of Light, sorcerers, elves, house elves, fairies.  One day, one of the centaurs even came to visit their unit.  It had not been a long visit, and none of the students had exchanged a word with him, but now even the most incredulous among them could see for themselves the existence of such a variety of species.  Not all magical beings lived at peace with the members of the Institute, there were gangs of vampires or werewolves that chose the path of shadow and darkness and could not be helped.  This is also what they learned in class: how to distinguish magical beings who are on the side of good from those who remained under the rule of the powers of darkness.  They had already covered the subject of the seven princes of hell, which First found most exciting.

However, everyone was most interested in two issues: whether Gemini, Fourth or First could be the Hybrids announced centuries ago, and what kind of relations connect the new students.  And rumors in their unit spread like wildfire.

Gemini, when Phuwin finally told him everything, shared with him Natasita's overheard conversation with Iris.

“So you see how it is. I don't think Nat really wants me here.  I don't really know why or what I did to him, but if anyone's plotting against us, it's him.”

“Do you think he'd go as far as letting a demon into our Institute?”  Phuwin asked, reviewing the image from many cameras placed not only throughout the building, but also outside, mainly in the gardens.  He wanted to find something fishy, something different from everything around him.  He had labored in vain.  Everywhere he looked, he saw what he always saw: the Knights of the Light strolling here and there, Zee going to his office with Max, who was telling him something, gesticulating wildly, himself and his colleagues and brothers during training and breaks.  Nothing more quirky than a blue squirrel hopping like a hare with a pale pink tail.

“I have no idea.  Maybe he was even possessed himself? ”

“A possessed elf?  Is it even possible?”  Fourth became interested.  He spread his arms wide, straightening his tired, sore back from bending in an uncomfortable silhouette.  For three hours they had been searching for anything that might help them fight this thing that seemed elusive.  All fifteen of them gathered in the Monitoring Room.  New wrote down an attendance list just in case, which he then encrypted and hid with a stele and a rune drawn on it above a piece of paper.  The names and nicknames turned into the names of the series featuring their twins in a parallel reality on planet Earth I, and thus only fifteen of them could read the code.

New looked at the list in his hand.

1.Not Me
2. Cutie Pie
3. Until We Meet Again
4. Moonlight Chicken
5. A Tale Of A Thousand Stars
6. Star In My Mind
7. Love Stage!!
8. My Engineer
9. My School President
10. Hidden Agenda
11. A Boss And A Babe
12. Never Let Me Go
13. Fish Upon The Sky
14. The Eclipse
15. Only Friends