*23* Fear is natural

Gemini regretted one thing the most: that he didn't have much time to make friends with Fourth, who usually disappeared into the back of his room right after lectures or training, as if he didn't want to talk to anyone

Gemini regretted one thing the most: that he didn't have much time to make friends with Fourth, who usually disappeared into the back of his room right after lectures or training, as if he didn't want to talk to anyone.  Only occasionally did they manage to sneak out unnoticed into the gardens, where they could chat, joke, fool around, and sometimes Fourth would play some music on the phone and they both would dance to it.  They lacked rhythm and often performed completely different dance moves, but they had a great time, but those moments were very few, too few, and Gemini felt that when "his stranger" was not with him, he missed him and wanted him as soon as possible  to see him again, but Fourth always managed to disappear from his sight. When he asked about it First, he explained it to him during one of the dinners, where his little brother was also absent.

“Oh, just nong Fourth is an introvert like me, he likes to spend time in his own company and people with whom he is really close.”

Such explanations were not enough for Gemini, but he didn't understand why he wanted to see this handsome, funny boy as often and as long as possible.  Fortunately, Fourth stopped running away from him and came to him whenever they had the chance.  Gemini was most surprised when that same night, and it was well after one in the morning, there was a quiet knock on his door.

Gem was still awake then, engrossed in reading about the boggarts.  A storm was raging outside, and he wouldn't have heard the very gentle thumping of his fists on the wood, but for a small, terrified voice that sounded very much like Nattawat's voice in his mind.

Please, Gemi, let me in, I'm so scared.  Please don't send me back, not today.  I don't want to be alone and I don't want to worry First either, he's been through too many bad things anyway, he deserves some peace.  Please don't sleep yet.  Please come to the door.  I beg.  I need you.

It was then that Gemini discovered that their bond gave him the ability to hear some of Fourth's thoughts, if only Fourth himself would let him.  He jumped out of bed and ran to the door, not caring that his loud footsteps might wake up Tay in the next room.  He opened them quickly and saw a sight he never wanted to see and which shattered his delicate and sensitive heart into billions of tiny pieces.

Fourth was kneeling on the floor, covered in a red plaid blanket, shaking all over.  Tears flowed from his eyes and he couldn't or didn't want to stop them.  His hair was a mess.  Red spots appeared on his cheeks.  His lips were cracked as if he was fighting a fever.

“Fourth!”  Gemini crouched next to him and hugged him as tight as he could.  “I'm already with you.  It's okay, I'm here, do you hear?  I'm next to you. I'm not going anywhere, I'll be with you”.

Gemini spoke in a soft, melodious voice, wanting to calm Fourth and find out what had driven him to this state.  The first thing he thought was that they both could use a cup of hot, strong lemon tea.  He snapped his fingers, uttering a formula that instantly summoned the house elf to them.  A small creature appeared in front of them with a soft crack.