MYM 2 - CHAPTER 2 - Reminisce

Saturday 1pm (2 weeks later)

Lisa's P.O.V.

It was moving day as Jennie and I continued to carry the last few boxes of our belongings, stacking them neatly beside the door. Jisoo and Rosé, who were now our neighbours living only a few houses away down the street, were helping too. Jisoo was helping Jennie rearrange the kitchen while Rosé was sitting with Ella in the lounge who was drawing a picture.

As I watched Jennie from afar, I still couldn't believe the journey we'd been on. Living with her was like a dream come true and I couldn't wait to start the next chapter of our lives together.

In the pocket of my jacket, I clutched tightly to the ring box inside. It was the same rings Jennie had presented us with all that time ago. I'd kept them on the night she went into hospital, hoping that one day I'd be lucky enough to ask her to marry me. I'd made reservations at her favourite restaurant on our anniversary with plans to propose.

"Is that the last box?" Jennie said smiling as she gestured towards the box beside my feet.

"I think so. We're officially moved in." I placed my arms around her as she kissed me passionately. Every time I kissed her the feeling of butterflies came back, it was pure bliss.

"Have I told I love you today?" Jennie
sweetly said as she trailed kisses along my jawline.

I held her closely, never wanting to let go. "Maybe once or twice but I never get tired of hearing it."

"I love you, Jagiya."

"I love you more, Nini."

When we finally parted, Jennie took one of the boxes labelled clothes upstairs as I made my way towards the lounge. Jisoo was sat now on the floor helping Ella colour her picture as Rosé was searching through the various TV channels.

I kissed the top of Ella's head and sat beside Rosé on the couch. "Can I ask you both a favour?"

"Of course, Lisa." Rosé said smiling.

"On our anniverary, I want to take Jennie to a restaurant

"On our anniverary, I want to take Jennie to a restaurant. It's a special occasion. Would it be okay if you look after Ella?" I wanted to start making plans for my proposal to Jennie.

"Of course we will. She's my favourite niece." Jisoo replied but Ella just stared up at her in confusion.

"I'm your only niece?"

We all laughed as I went to finish tidying the kitchen alongside Rosé who got some ice cream from the freezer and served a bowl for herself and Ella. Conveniently, there was just enough for the 2 of them.

As I was busy placing all of our treasured photographs on the walls, Ella suddenly yelled loudly from the lounge. "Mommy, Eomma! I know what I want for my birthday!"

Ella would be celebrating her birthday in 2 weeks time and hadn't expressed much interest in any gifts or even a party. "Eomma's upstairs, Ella. You don't need to shout."