CHAPTER 3 - Perfect Strangers

Monday 12:20pm

Lisa's P.O.V

A mere 20 minutes of tranquillity and a quick lunch later and Rosé and I continued our tour of the campus. After locating all of my classes for the remainder of the day, we headed towards the 3rd floor exclusively used for club activities from art to photography.

Walking along the corridor, my eyes grew curious of a lone blue door at the end of the hallway. It was different from the rest with 2 perfectly placed photograph cabinets attached to walls beside it, each image perfectly polished without a piece of dust out of place. Across the door on a silver plate read the words 'Student Council.'

Scanning the photos of the cabinet with intrigue, my eyes grew wide noticing Rosé in one of the images. She was next to 4 other girls standing proudly beside the girl I'd seen just this morning who was standing in the centre. An emotionless expression on the face of the familiar figure.

More unanswered questions grew in my mind as I looked back at Rosé only to see she'd quickly wandered away towards the other side of the corridor. Her sad eyes suggested she wanted to avoid the issue and knowing my cousin, I knew how sensitive she tended to be and so I let the matter drop.

Arriving outside of the music club room, Rosé turned the handle only to be met by half a dozen other students who mainly seemed to also be seniors. They smiled warmly and with an inviting nature I was made to feel welcome.

The room was a bright, open space with a stage, high tech equipment for performing and small benches along the sides. Around the outside, were instruments from drum sets, to bass guitars with a vast grand piano that was situated beside the open window. All the walls and in nearby cabinets were various awards and photographs of music contests participated in by the academy's well-known alumni.

"Lisa, these are my friends. This is Yuri, Winter and Taeyeon. Guys, this is my cousin Lisa."

The 3 girls smiled, putting me at ease as Taeyeon introduced herself.. "It's nice to meet you Lisa, we've heard a lot about you."

"Are you interested in singing too?" Her bubbly friend with an adoring smile and blonde hair asked.

I scratched my nape shyly glancing around the room. "Actually... I prefer to dance that's my major in performing arts."

Yuri looked up from her phone beaming with excitement. "Me too! But these 3 won't join the dance club and I figured it'd be awkward to go alone. Hey! Maybe we can audition together?"

There was a slight sense of nervousness as I shuffled on the spot at the thought of performing to an audience after so long. "Ummm... I guess.... Maybe."

We sat on the side benches and talked for a few minutes as I watched how comfortable Rosé was here. She'd always been so passionate about music and this seemed the perfect space to allow her to express herself so freely.

As Rosé and I stood up to leave, one of the members of the club seemed to notice something that took the focus away from singing. "Where... did you get that jacket?"

A few whispers once again emanated in the room as Jennie's name was said under hushed tones. "Just... from this random girl. We kinda had a coffee accident and she said I could wear it."

"But that's Jennie Kim's jacket?"

They seemed just as baffled as Rosé had been barely 20 minutes earlier when the incident at my locker had happened. I'd almost forgotten I was wearing it, enjoying the comfort of the soft interior and expensive smell. It was almost as though the scent of Chanel perfume had been woven into the fabric.