CHAPTER 41 - Beautiful Sunsets

Friday 4:30pm (30 minutes earlier)

Rosé's P.O.V.

After finally escaping the hotel room Irene had locked us in, we made our way to the Kim's vacation home. There was a car parked outside suggesting someone had definitely been using it but there was an eerie silence that created an intense atmosphere.

Jisoo kissed the back of my hand, telling me to be careful as we put our plan into action. She turned away, the gentle breeze blowing her hair as she ventured to find Jennie.

Our plan was simple in theory

Our plan was simple in theory. She would go search the front of the house and then to the front door to distract Jennie as I attempted to find an alternative route at the back to find Lisa.

I searched around the exterior of the property waiting for Jisoo to message me before she knock on the front. door. Nothing particularly seemed unusual until the back of the house in the far corner caught my eye. The windows had been boarded up with wooden planks and there were flowers trampled underneath as though someone had been there recently.

Jisoo had told me the house was all on one level and, as there was no basement or attic, I took a guess that Lisa must have been inside the one room closed off from the outside.

I tied my hair into a loose braid and put on my jacket from my backpack. Needing to climb through the window, I made sure I had everything in my bag before attempting to search the house.

Carefully, I used the nearby trellis to climb up towards the slightly elevated window, the thorns of the roses piercing sharply against my skin as I winced in pain

Carefully, I used the nearby trellis to climb up towards the slightly elevated window, the thorns of the roses piercing sharply against my skin as I winced in pain. Moving past the flowers, I could finally see clearer the one room that had been kept closed off. There were voices from inside so I kept quiet until I heard the door close from within simultaneously with Jisoo's message telling me she was at the front door.

Prying the wooden planks apart one by one, I was able to unlock the smudged arched window and climbed into the room. There sat in the darkness looking weak and tired on a bed at the far end of the room was my cousin. She looked so helpless, a chain around her wrist as my heart was breaking.