CHAPTER 39 - Stormy Skies

"You ignite the flames within my eyes,
That illuminate the stormy skies.
And when days feel cold and tragic,
You turn them into magic."

Thursday 10am (1 week later)

Lisa's P.O.V.

Another endless week had passed and things continued much the same. There was never anyone who visited the house, only Jennie, me and her visions that seemed to escalate with each passing day. I grew more and more worried that we'd stay here forever and I'd never have the chance to see my cousin and family ever again.

Aa Jennie went to clean the dishes from breakfast, I remained alone in the room and glanced out at the deep blue, clear sky from the nearby window. It was a beautiful day as I felt a small gentle breeze blow in sending a small shiver along my skin.

Adjusting the covers on the bed, it was then I noticed a book that was laying on the desk on the side. Having been in the same room for weeks, I'd never noticed it before and assumed it must have been Jennie's. It was barely within reach but in my curiosity and boredom, I made it my mission to carefully reach out to retrieve it. The chain attached to the headboard still limiting my movement.

After a few minutes of trying, I finally managed to grab the book. It was binded in black leather and gold italics with mine and Jennie's name printed on the front cover. I hesitated to open it but hoped it might give an insight into what she was thinking. Inside the book, it was filled with countless poems, short stories and hand drawn images like a love story all dedicated to me.

The back of the book was different though. There were so many photographs.

Between each photo, there was a series of diary entries and letters written, some of which while we'd been dating

Between each photo, there was a series of diary entries and letters written, some of which while we'd been dating. The most recent was only yesterday, giving me a glimpse into what Jennie was seeing in her mind.

Jagiya,

Since the moment we first met, I never wanted to be with anyone else. I became swept up in a fantasy world of the life we could have and I wanted to bring you there with me.

Every day I see visions from the past, I see glimpses of the future, I see what others can't. I hear these noises that don't go away, they tell me to be something I'm not. It started a long time ago and it's hard to remember who I was without them.

We've endured so much sadness, haven't we? Never quite feeling good enough, experiencing loss, trying to understand ourselves better. Maybe that's why we were destined to meet because we were so similar, longing to have the simple life and the family we'd both always wanted.

As I stare at you now sleeping so peacefully, I can't help but wonder what you dream of. You look so happy, how I wish those dreams were of me.

The last few months have been challenging for us both. I know I've made mistakes but I'm not a monster. People have tried to take you away and I was scared so I did what I thought was right to keep you here with me. I didn't believe this kind of love was possible, certainly not for me. It was only ever something I read about in stories.