CHAPTER 24 - Fantasy

(Flashback - 6 months earlier)

Rosé's P.O.V

"I still don't get this! Why does this stupid exam have to be in biology of all subjects? It's 40% of this semesters grade alone!" I sighed for the 100th time, slouching on the bed surrounded by piles of open textbooks.

Pushing the books to the side, Jisoo ran her hands through my hair. Her sweet, caring smile never failed to simply melt my worries away. "Don't stress, you'll be fine. Besides you're pretty good at biology from my assessment."

She moved to hover above me as I placed my arms instinctively around her neck smirking at her. "Pretty good?"

Lightly she peppered kisses along my neck in her usual playful manner mumbling against the skin. "Correction, exceptional."

"Jisoo, stop distracting me! I need to focus." I chuckled as I pushed her back admiring her now pouting expression.

"Why? You'll ace that exam and whatever happens at least you tried." Sitting beside me she smiled, wrapping me in a warm comforting hug.

"You can't possibly be that sure I'll do well." I replied glancing down at my notes which over the past few hours seemed to become somewhat illegible.

"I am because I know you. I love you Roseanne Park." She whispered gently in my ear.

"Why are you calling me by my full name?" I giggled, cuddling her back. She was always my comfort zone.

"It's cute like you although... Kim might suit you better than Park. Thoughts?" She smiled slyly making me laugh at her usual comical nature. She was always like this, so funny but caring that it made me forget the rest of the world whenever we were together.

I chuckled. "Ms. Kim are you proposing to me?"

"Hmm... maybe." She joked. Her hands trailed from my shoulders until they reached mine, intertwining them softly.

As she leaned in to kiss me, I pulled back making her pout again. "Stop messing around! You need to get ready for your trip."

"Okay, okay! We'll just ignore the fact you keep turning me down..." She playfully scoffed.

Leaning in kissed her lips gently, pulling away slowly to caressher cheeks watching as her eyes sparkled with the simple action. "I love you too, now go finish packing your bag."

Sighing loudly she nodded her headed and lazily made her way towards the half packed suitcase that lay messily in the corner of the room.

"I don't see why I need to be there, it'll be awkward and uncomfortable as usual." She said as she continued to fill the case with clothes, make up and her favourite photograph of the 2 of us.

"Because your father said it was an important meeting. It'll just be for a few days."

She shook her head seemingly conflicted. "I have nothing in common with him or my mother... or even Jennie for that matter."

"When it gets hard, you have this. I'll have mine too. It means I'm there with you, don't forget, okay?" I gestured to the bracelet around her wrist, a matching gift I'd bought a few months ago when we shopping at a small, local market.

"Yeah... But it's been a long time since I've seen him. I'm worried. Every time I see him he's just constantly disappointed in me." There was a sense of apprehension in her beautiful, hazel so hard to ignore.