CHAPTER 7| Not so useless?

Start from the beginning

"Where is mum and dad anyway?" I ask.

"Well.. mum got kidnapped along with you and dad died looking for you and her." He briefly says, seemingly wanting to stop talking about it. Something tells me there's more to it, but I don't press. 

I wouldn't have played if I'd known these walls weren't soundproof..

"Oh.. I- I'm sorry for bringing it up." I apologize.

"It's fine, let's just go." 

I nod and follow him, but also allow myself to get lost in my thoughts.

Damn, my own dad died because of me.

"Giovanni got you a phone by the way," He smiles, handing me a box.

"Thanks." I say, showing my gratitude.

I unbox it to find a phone. I've never had one but I know what they look like and what they do, maybe they'll cure the constant boredom I face while I'm here.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm really grateful they took me in.

"The others are in the gaming room, wanna join them?" Aidan asks.

"Sure," I respond, accepting mainly cause I have nothing to do.

________________________________________________________________________________

He opens the doors with force, making all their heads turn.

Giovanni wasn't there,  just us five.

"Hey azzy!" Elliot says, grinning.

I smile lightly and wave.

I take a seat near Elliot and watch the intense chess game they were playing.

"Do you play chess?" Elliot questions, probably seeing how much I was staring.

"Yeah, pretty often." I reply, to which he nods and continues the game he was playing on his phone.

I used to play chess a lot in my room to distract myself from the pain of wounds and cuts Stefano used to leave on me or crashing bottles and arguments that were going on downstairs. I got it from Thomas after my 3rd arrest (When I was 13) cause I ' didn't have enough to do, so I just street-raced and graffitied as the medicine to my boredom.' What he said, not me, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't true, most parts of it was.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention I do graffiti?

The game was between Elijah and Nicholas, and right now Nicholas was winning.

Elijah was good, but Nicholas' techniques were too much for him I guess.

This makes me want to play against him, a good player v a good player.

I mean, I'd consider myself good, considering I've been playing for 3 years now.

In the end, as expected, Nicholas won.

"Nicholas, can we play against each other?" I ask, loud enough for him to hear me.

Suddenly, Elliot and Aidan crack up into fits of laughter.

"Y-you think you can b-beat him? No one has EVER beat Nicholas in anything, he's like- a god at everything he does!" He manages out, sobering up.

"I'll prove you guys wrong," I mutter, huffing and stepping forward.

"Good luck Lea," Aidan sarcastically says, making 'lijah send him a scolding look.

I rolled my eyes at him and rolled my sleeves up.