Part 25

Author's Note: From this part on, the plague has progressed severely and they're now trying to survive in a wasteland. In short, this is days (possibly weeks) later from part 24.

***

Aeron's POV:

"You saw that right..?" I asked Azhia

"Saw what?" She replied looking in the direction I was gesturing to

"The- oh.. never mind I guess" I said scratching my head

"You feeling okay buddy?" Azhia asked

"Yeah I just thought I saw someone..." I explained

Azhia suggested I lay down before I injured myself since it had been a while since I had been out of the shelter we had found. While I was laying there I could hear Kali and Atlas arguing over me in the next room.

"I'm telling you he's not okay" Kali said

"He looks just fine, I mean he's dirty but we all are at this point. He seems to be the best one here besides the twins." Atlas replied

"You don't understand anything other than what you know. From what you've seen and what you've been told. Look I'll tell you, well show you what I've been hiding from them." She went on..

Kali's POV:

I pulled off my shirt and turned around to show my back off to Atlas. He stood there for a minute in question before speaking.

"You have the same scars as Aeron..?" He asked

"I- yes I do. They're not what you think though" I explained

Atlas just tilted his head in absolute confusion. I proceeded to unsheathe my wings and show them off to him, to my expectations he backed away from me and stumbled trying to do so.

"Atlas I'm not dangerous, I know you do that witch stuff like Sakura does but I'm not gonna hurt you." I said hastily

He stumbled over his words just trying to say something in return, "you- and-"

I turned around with my wings closed, not sheathed, so he could still attempt to take in who or what I was.

"It's okay, I promise." I reassured him

"Does that mean he's like you..?" He asked

"I can't answer that, it's not my place. If he chooses to say something or tell you anything then that's his decision, not mine." I replied

"He told me they were abuse scars" Atlas explained

I thought about it for a second before saying anything to him, I knew if he found out it would be a problem for Aeron. He'd see Aeron as a creature rather than who he actually is. Aeron wasn't a monster, but his parents treated him that way. His household was so unstable.

***Flashback (Narrative / Third Party POV)***

Aeron was sitting on the floor of his room trying to groom his wings before his dad came bursting into his room rambling about something he had done.