Chapter 25

"Welcome, Little One." I spun my head to face the voice. I recognised it; recognised her. She smiled at me and beckoned me to sit down. I looked around at my surroundings. It was different to my other dreams, it had a sort of otherworldly calmness to it. The atmosphere had changed, I sensed. Her mood had, and the purpose of her visit. There was something important. Dangerous.
"Why have you brought me here?" No answer. She was strange today. Less... bright. She had dimmed once more. Time was nearly up. "What do you want of me?" Again, nothing. She just sat there, silent, waiting. Waiting for something. "Is there something you're trying to tell me." I was practically shouting now, my frustration showing in my voice. "Why aren't you answering me?"
I strode forwards, towards her, and said, "Tell me. Please. I can't do this." Her eyes shone a brilliant gold colour, and I felt warmth radiating off of her. "I hatched the egg." My voice softened. "I know my heritage." I placed my hand under her chin and caressed her cheek. "I know who you are, Ciana. You were the last Void Sorcerer, and I am continuing your legacy, Grandmother." She blinked, and I felt her look at me. "I will look after this realm, and protect all who live here." My confidence grew as I spoke. "I will take up your mantle. I will begin a new generation of Void Sorcerers. I will protect the magic." I stepped back and sat opposite her.

"Little One, I do not know much, but I will tell you all I can." Finally she spoke. "Something big is happening. It has been accelerated, somehow, and by a sizable margin. Possibly hundreds of years. It is coming soon. You do not have long." Her gaze snapped onto me. "The League of Death are planning something here at the centre of magic on Everitia. Something at your school. And it will be something that can destroy all magic, forever." She paused, silent, and we sat, not saying a word. The only sound in the space was my breathing, rhythmical and like a drum beat. "They will have someone working for them." Ciana broke the silence. "Someone who knows the plan, and the school. It will probably be a student - one of your peers. You can trust no-one. Not even your friends." Again, she fell silent, and I began to panic.
"Rose! Reef! Meg! Can I trust them?" I caught myself. "Surely I can trust them. We've been friends since day 1. Even before." My breathing evened out. "I can trust them. Right?" Ciana did not respond. "Right?" I was beginning to shout again. "Stay calm." My voice was quiet again. "I can trust them." Still nothing. "I can trust them"

"Trust nobody"

📚

"Feonyx." I felt an arm on my shoulder shaking me awake. "Feonyx." My eyes opened in a flash, and I shot up. "Are you going to grab breakfast, cause it's closing soon."  A loud growl from my stomach decided that for me, and Rose dragged me up.
"I think my stomach has said it all, but let me get dressed first - I can't go to breakfast like this." I motioned to my strawberry pyjamas and fluffy bunny slippers. "See." Rose nodded, and told me to be ready in two minutes, or you'll go hungry.

In the dining hall, I asked my friends to have a talk with them, in private. I was going to ask them about the League of Death, and about Void. "Guys, I have something to ask you, but you have to keep this a secret." They all looked confused, so I explained it more. "Basically, there's this lady, who just so happens to be my grandmother, that keeps visiting me in my dreams and she told me something that I need to get off my chest. And, no, I'm not insane before you ask, ok." I took a strawberry from the plate in front of me and ate it, before continuing, "So, can I trust you? Because Cia- my grandmother told me that I couldn't trust anyone, but I want to be able to trust you." Again, I ate a strawberry while my friends processed what I'd just told them.
"Yeah, you can trust us," I finally got after a few awkward minutes of silence, and I felt a sigh of relief wash over me.
"Thank you so much. You have no idea how awkward that was for me. But onto the interesting bit. Ciana - that's my grandmother - told me that there was this evil organisation basically trying to infiltrate the school, called the League of Death." Megan turned deathly pale as I spoke. "She said that there was a plan here that could wipe out magic on this planet forever. It was brought forwards by hundreds of years for whatever reason, and now we have to put an end to it. Oh, and it will be enacted before the year is out, so we really don't have long." Rose turned pale as well, looking worried. "Oh yes, they have someone working for them too, probably a student, to put their plan into action, so we have to figure out who that is along with stopping them. So, there's that." I took a deep breath as I finished my explanation.
"So, you're telling us that we are the only ones who can stop this evil plan, and we don't even know where, when or who is doing it," Rose said, and I nodded enthusiastically. She exhaled slowly, and looked at Reef, who also looked concerned, yet excited.
"I'm so ready for this. We all are, right guys? We can do extra study to learn other spells, and do sparring or whatever. Preparation is key." Reef grinned, and held his hand up for a high-five.
"Let's go!" We all yelled as we high-fived.
"But I do have more to tell you."
Rose looked dead and stared at me as if to ask 'What is it now?'
"So, for weeks, I've been harbouring a dragon egg under my bed that just hatched into the most powerful dragon on the planet, which also makes me a super powerful Sorcerer, since he gets gifted to the next Sorcerer in a long line of Sorcerers. And Ciana also happens to be one of these sorcerers, but she's going to fade away soon, because Void hatched. Oh yeah, the dragon's called Void."
"Is that all?" Rose asked, and again I nodded, very enthusiastically.
"Yep." She looked relieved.
"Well, I am going to take myself to the first class; I don't want to be late like all of you guys will be if you don't get moving." Rose turned around and started to walk away. Reef and I both ran to catch her, and we made out way to lessons.

* Another chapter done. I had a bit of a struggle with this one because I started writing it on paper, then realised that it was only 500 words, so I had to come up with something. But it's done now, so I don't have to worry about it any more. *