Chapter 10

* I have edited something in Chapter 7 so there are two tests instead of one. Also, what are your thoughts on a PJO fanfic. The first chapter has been written so I have posted it and am going to see what people think. It is called PJO - the Daughter of Chaos.*

The next test was today, and I sat up in bed, breathing heavily after a good night's sleep. Again, Megan was already up and ready for the day ahead. I pulled on my crisp white shirt and purple plaid skirt and started to brush my hair, twisting it into double buns, securing them with purple scrunchies that matched the uniform. Megan ran a hand through her short, jet black hair, spiking it up and putting gel in it.
Rose yawned, and got into her uniform, putting her golden blonde hair into a high ponytail, and came over to me.
"Morning," she sung chirpily, a smile on her face. "How was your sleep?"
"Fine, had a bad dream though. It's nothing to bother yourself with," I replied, remembering the dream vividly.

I was in a black box, it was an endless inescapable void. Looking around me, I turned in a full circle, trying to find a way out. But there was no way I could escape.
"Where am I?" I cried desperately, in a hope that someone could hear me. Nothing. Shrinking into a ball, I sunk down onto the floor, and began to sob.
Just then, a bright light appeared, forming into a person. They had long flowing hair, and pale skin, with golden eyes. A yellow gown reached the floor, and they began to speak in a silky smooth voice.
"You are in grave danger, little one," she warned me. "Just know that not everyone is who they say they are."
Then she disappeared in a flash and I woke.

Rose frowned, a concerned look on her face. She was silent for a moment, thinking about what I told her.
"Are you sure, you can trust us you know," she said patronisingly.
What Rose didn't know was that I couldn't. It would make her worry too much, and I didn't want that on my conscience.
"No, really, it's fine," I told her, turning away and going down to breakfast alone. The door slammed shut behind me as I walked out, annoyed and fed up.

I took my crescent moon pen out of my pocket and picked up the pad of paper on the table. My pen flew across the page as I wrote down what I wanted - bacon sandwiches. In an instant, it arrived and I bit into it, savoring the salty goodness, licking my lips. Soon, it was all gone and I got up, my mood sightly better. On the table next to me, I saw Rose, Megan and Reef eating cheese on toast in silence.
"Hey guys," I said. "How's your cheese on toast?" I got no reply, so I left the room, heading to where the test would be today. It was in another large hall, full of chairs, and there was a door set into the wall. Trying the handle, I found that the door was locked, and I sat down, waiting for the test to start. As I waited, the room began to fill up, but the other years weren't with us today - I guess they had their first classes of the year. I sat for about 15 minutes before an unknown man entered the room, his cane tapping on the floor as he walked along.
"I am Professor Ereliar, the headmaster of Crescent High. It is your second test today. You will be called up in alphabetical order and when your name is announced, you will go through the door behind me. Once you are finished, you will leave the room and not speak of what you did until the last person has been tested. Good luck," he said in a gravelly voice.
"Alexis Boriale and Max Bilmoz."
They stood up and went through the door, soon coming out looking shaken. This went on for a little while, two people being called and coming out with a hollow look in their eyes.
Then, Reef was called, along with a girl named Harriet Delanis. Standing up, he looked at us, then walked off, disappearing through the door. I sat, waiting nervously for him to come out, right on the edge of my seat. It was a couple of minutes till the door opened again and Reef walked out, the same look in his eyes as all of the other people.

📚

"Feonyx Tay," Professor Ereliar called. "And Charlotte Understone." Looking at my friends, I thought: this is it. Beginning to walk towards the door, I gave my friends one last glance and made my way through the door, closing the door behind me. It was a dimly lit room, with only a few candles lighting up the space. In the middle of the room was a purple carpet with the same star symbol on it as the hall. Three people stood there, and began to speak.
"We are the elders of the school. We will determine your level of power and what incantations you will learn," the three of them rasped in unison. They beckoned for me to step onto the star and stood in a circle around me, their hands intertwined. The elders began to chant getting louder and louder until it all went black and I felt myself hit the ground.

I was back in the room from the dream, alone and scared. There was nothing I could see that would help me escape. Feeling something in my hand, I looked down and saw a silver katana sword, with glittering gemstones on the hilt. A golden light began to shine, but this time, it looked corrupted, with flecks of black tainting the pure light. The woman appeared, looking worn out and tired. Her hair wasn't as flowing, and her dress was ripped, with scars on her face.
"You do not have long, little one, before time runs out."
I didn't know what she meant, and opened my mouth to ask.
"Hush, all will become clear in due course. I cannot say any more than what I have told you." Then, she faded away into nothing, leaving me alone once more.

When I woke, I was back with the elders in the room. They were still in the circle, but moved out, telling Charlotte to stand where I was. She entered the circle and the elders did their ritual. Charlotte collapsed, breathing heavily, and soon woke, getting up. We walked out of the room and Professor Ereliar said the next names to go to the elders. I walked into the hallway and made my way back to my room.

* Chapter 10 - one of the longest yet. I worked really hard on this one but it came out pretty quickly. Look out for the next chapter. Also, I have made a new cover for the book so let me know what you think. *

Crescent Highजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें