Chapter 13

The sound of a bell rung through the school, piercing my ears. All of the students got up and made their way out of the dining hall, with the First Years following and checking our timetables. I had Magical History as my next class, and saw Megan outside the classroom.
"Megan!" I called as I waved at her from the other side of the room. Walking towards her, I said, "How has your morning been, I've not seen you since breakfast."
She smiled and opened her mouth to answer. "It's bee-"
Just then the teacher walked round the corner, cutting Megan off. Her ash black hair was in a tight bun on the top of her head and she had half moon glasses sitting on the tip of her nose. The professor slipped a key in the lock and opened the door, telling us to find a seat. Then she made her way to the front of the class and stood there until the class was seated.
"I am your Magical History teacher, Professor Fellowe. In my class, you will show respect to all of your peers and myself, and I will respect you. We can have some laughs but will get on with our work afterwards. This class is not like others in this school as it is a theory subject, as opposed to a practical, but we will learn just as much. Do you understand?" she said.
The class mumbled, "Yes Professor Fellowe."
She raised her hand and summoned a screen behind her. In her hand appeared a silver rod, which she put up to the screen.
"Please get out your notebooks and pens to make notes. Today we will be learning about the origin of sorcery."
We all opened our bags and got out a notebook, turning to a blank page. I took the cap off my pen and got it poised to write. As Professor Fellowe started to speak, I wrote my first word.

📚

It was 2000 years ago when the first Sorcerer discovered their powers. They started out their life as just a normal mortal, with no magic, and no knowledge of the Sorcery World. Crescent High had not been established at that time, and in its place stood a grand royal residence for the noble family of Everitia. The first Sorcerer was the heir to the throne, and the founder of the school we know today. 
The magic was found at the source, and most infused place on Everitia - The Void Peaks. Regular mortals do not know of these peaks, thinking that the highest mountain is located in the Xanir Range.
It was whilst on a skiing trip that the Sorcerer's magic emerged, and caused an avalanche. From then on, there has always been a community of magic users - the Sorcerers - attending a school to learn to harness their powers and learn about their ancestors. All Sorcerers are descended from one of the Void Council, who watch over the Sorcery World and make sure that the mortals do not figure out about magic.

📚

The professor finished telling us about the origins of magic, and I lifted my pen off the page, examining my work. I looked over at Megan, and saw that she had only written a couple of bullet points, in messy scribbling.
"Let's see what you have achieved this lesson before I dismiss you," Professor Fellowe announced to the class before beginning to walk around the room. She paused every once in a while to look at work, and gave praise to those who deserved it. Once she had gone round the entire room, she went back to the front and dismissed us.
I walked out of the classroom and checked my timetable, seeing that I had Maths and Literature. Megan let out a groan when she found out that she had the same thing. We went to the classrooms and split up to go to our lessons. It wasn't an exciting lesson, with us doing mental maths and grammar exercises to keep our brains working. At least I had it with Reef and Rose, so I had company to chat to. By the end of the lesson, it was lunch and we all made our way to the dining hall, ordering food. We chatted about the day, and then went to the willow tree to relax. There was only one lesson left - Incantations. I was really excited for this one as we would be learning to use more magic and spells.
"Incantations sounds like so much fun!" I said, asking the others what they were looking forwards to.
Rose replied, "I'm excited for Alchemy myself. I've always liked the sciencey stuff, especially explosions." She laughed, the rest of us joining in.
"What I'm most looking forwards to is the Dragon Riding Class," Reef announced, miming out a dragon flying through the clouds. "Coral said that it was an amazing class that we get in the second term."
It did sound amazing, and dragon riding would be so fun.
"What about you Megan?" I asked. "What are you looking forwards to?"
"Oh, it all sounds fun. History was quite interesting though. I've been really into the history of Everitia, but mostly the stuff about really ancient civilisations."
I never knew that Megan liked history, and it seemed like she was really passionate.
"You like history?" Reef commented. He looked confused.
"Yeah, I always have," Megan replied.

I saw the other students going inside and told the others that we had to get to class. Together, we walked up into the school, and made our way to the Incantations classrooms, splitting up and heading to our classes. Just as I arrived, the sharp bell rung, and I knew that the teacher would arrive soon.

* Chapter 13. I hope you enjoyed it, and learnt a bit more about the characters. There should be some more action soon, or at least main plot elements, as we are a good way in. The next chapter will be out in the next few days I hope, but I'm quite busy at home so it might take longer. Also, it didn't save so sorry if you read it before, but here is the full thing, working on Chapter 14 now. *