Chapter 5

* The image is what Feonyx can see out of the window later in the chapter. *

The engines of the train rumbled, shaking it left and right. A girl with spiked black hair walked up the isle, before coming to a stop next to my seat and sitting down. She was wearing a black leather jacket and jeans with rips in the knees. Altogether, she looked like a famous model, with her sunglasses on the top of her head.
"This is my seat, move," she ordered, in a sharp voice. I was slightly afraid of her - she seemed like the kind of person who got whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.
"My ticket says that this is my seat as well," I replied, meekly. "There are two seats you know."
She glared at me, before taking a phone out of her pocket and started to scroll through social media. Taking it as a sign that she didn't want to talk, I took my book out of my bag, and continued reading - I was at a really exciting part and I just had to know what happened.
Not looking up from her phone, the girl said, "I'm Megan Zelieth, daughter of Chris Zelieth, you might have seen my posts on social media when I got the letter."
Chris Zelieth was one of the most famous actors on the planet, and had money coming out of his ears. The guy was super rich, which explained Megan's haughty demeanor, and why she was so edgy.
"Hi, I'm Feonyx Tay, I'm a really big fan of your dad's works." I smiled, trying to open her up a little. A bong sounded throughout the plane, and everyone started to do up their seatbelts.
"So, this is your first time on a train?" Megan asked. I nodded, telling her that I was nervous - it was the first time I had been away from home, and I didn't know what would happen when we arrived. Megan seemed understanding - she said that the first time she went away, she was quite nervous too.

The conversation stopped when the train started to rock, making me feel queasy. "The train will begin its journey now." A crackly voice resonated through the plane as it moved to the runway. Engines rumbling, the train gathered speed until were speeding along the tracks and out of the urbanized area. Cheers filled the space - we were finally on our way to Crescent High - and the chatting began again.

I turned to Megan, but she seemed occupied on her phone, making a call to someone whilst she still could. "Yes Samuel, I know, it will go successfully," Megan said to the person on the phone. "We're about to go out of range." Her call cut off and she looked angry. A grimace was on her face, and she turned away from me.

White, fluffy clouds covered the windows as the plane ascended into the heavens. Below us, the ground got further and further away, and our view was obscured, replaced with a cloudy blanket. This went on for a few minutes; it was becoming real now.
Then, the clouds ended, and we were flying in a land where it was always sunset, the sky a gradient of dusky pink to orange, and the sun just peeking out over the horizon. It was a calming place, and I felt at home, even though it was my first time in a plane.
"Feonyx," I heard Megan say. "Are you looking forwards to arriving in Threndal, I know I am."
We began chatting about our new school, and how excited we were. As we talked, the plane flew above the sea of clouds, always at a steady pace, bringing us closer to our destination by the minute.
"I've heard that the uniform is really nice." Megan looked confused, staring at me, raising her eyebrows. "My friend Reef's sister Coral goes there, and he's told me a ton about it."
"Aah," she said, seeming to understand now, and we continued our conversation. Despite our rocky beginning, me and Megan were becoming great friends, and I felt more comfortable opening up to her.

I heard snoring beside me and I realized that Megan had fallen asleep. Looking at my watch, I realized it was getting late, and pulled a thin blanket out of my bag. It was grey, with the Magiker logo on it, and was very warm. Under the blanket, I curled up and closed my eyes, eventually drifting off to sleep.

📚

"Feonyx, wake up." Megan shook me, and my eyes snapped open. "Nice blanket, by the way." I groaned, stretching out my arms. Even after sleeping, Megan looked impeccable, whilst I was a bit disheveled, with my strawberry blonde hair sticking up everywhere. My clothes were wrinkled, and I moaned.
"I can't arrive like this." Megan sighed, and handed me a hairbrush and mirror. "Thanks, I didn't think." She then got her phone out, and showed me a map. "We're nearly there?" I cried, then turned to the window. Below me, I could start to see towns and cities, all little specks, but still there. My heart pounded in my chest and my breathing quickened in excitement. No longer was there an everlasting abyss below us, no longer was there a sea of clouds.
We were about half an hour away from Threndal airport, but already, the city was coming into view, with tall limestone townhouses, and a Parisian style of architecture. The roofs of the houses were made of a dark stone brick, and the roads weaving through the city were the colour of rosy pink granite, giving it a fairytale feeling. And as we flew over the city, the fairytale feeling grew more and more, with a large white castle in the distance.
"That's Crescent High!"

* What did you think of this chapter. This was just an introductory chapter to Threndal, so you could get a feeling for what the city looks like. I'm going to try and update once a week, so look out for the next chapter. *

Edit
I have made changes to this chapter, but they aren't done yet. It will make sense why I have changed it later in the story as I prefer it a different way to my original thoughts.