Chapter 6

The plane slowly started to descend down to the runway of Threndal airport. We passed through the clouds, which were now snowy white, and had a look of fluffiness to them. Closing my eyes, I imagined what it would be like to hold a cloud, and sighed wistfully, knowing I would never be able to experience it. A loud rumble brought me back to the real world as I realized we were mere minutes away from landing. I could see the people in the control tower giving the go ahead - I don't know how I could see that far, but I've always had extraordinary eyesight - and the flashing lights on the runway.
As the plane started to circle, the ground got closer and closer, until the plane touched down. All through the plane, a cheer spread, starting at the front moving to the back. We were finally in Threndal!

In the airport, hundred of kids were waiting at the baggage carousel for their luggage. Cases came and went, and kids grabbed them and moved off outside to wait for the coaches to take them up to Crescent High. I waited with Megan, taking one of her cases for her, whilst she took the other two, rolling them behind her. Her shoes clicked against the tiled floor, echoing round the large glass building.
"Is that the only bag you have?" she asked. Nodding, I smiled sheepishly at her, hoping she wasn't going to ditch me just because of the amount of stuff I had.
"Not everyone is as lucky as you, having rich parents and anything you could ever want."
"I wouldn't put it that way," Megan said, cryptically.

The sun was bright as we walked through the glass doors. Reef was waiting there for me with Rose, smiling.
"Feonyx, how was the flight?" Reef gave me a hug, and whispered to me, "Who's this?" Quietly, I told him, while Rose and Megan chatted. I noticed that Rose had a lot of bags too, and felt a bit ashamed of my single backpack resting on my shoulders. The sun was beginning to get higher in the sky, reflecting off the bus coming to a stop in front of us. It was a shiny blue, with the Crescent High logo painted on the side. Doors opening, we all rushed on to the bus, making our way to the back seat and sitting down. Behind us, three more busses, of varying colours, pulled up, drifting to a stop. As with this bus, they filled up quickly, the doors of all four sliding closed. Clicks of seatbelts sounded through the bus and the engines make a quiet purring sound before bursting to life.
"Next stop, Crescent High!" the driver announced, and everyone cheered in excitement. Beginning the journey, the bus started to move, closely followed by the others behind. There were winding roads all the way up the hill that Crescent High sat atop, clouds covering the highest spires.
"Hey, do you want to play Top Trumps?" Reef asked me.
"Of course, always," I replied as Reef got out the Greek Myths Top Trumps. Smiling, I looked at my cards, thinking to myself, "I've got to win this game!" Reef laid the first card, and chose Magic Abilities as the category. Slamming mine down, I took both cards and picked the next category, showing my Heracles card, winning this round as well. It went on like this for a while, going back and forth between me and Reef until, eventually, I won the game, having all of the cards in my hand.
"Let's play again," I said excitedly, starting to shuffle the deck. We managed to play another three games during the 45 minute drive up the hill. The roads twisted and turned, in some places getting very narrow, where the hedges were scraping the sides of the bus. Thankfully, no-one came the other way, so we didn't have to stop to let them pass, and could keep going on the steady grind up the hill.

As the bus leveled out, reaching the top of the hill, the castle that the school was in came into view. Its blue roofs reflected the sunlight, bouncing it back up into the sky. I wondered how the roofs, which were just a regular turquoise tile, could be metallic looking, but thought nothing of it. What I was more focused on was the swarm of people outside the building, all wearing the same uniform. Deciding that these must be the older years, I turned back to Reef, only to find him waving at someone outside. Soon, I realized that it was Coral, and started talking to Rose and Megan about the school.
Slowing to a stop, the doors of the bus slid open with a gentle pfft. People rushed out like a river, all pushing to be the first off. Cases were swung left and right as the people trickled out of the bus, only a few left coming out.
I stepped onto the ground, my stomach welling up with excitement. I couldn't believe it! After a long wait, I had finally arrived at my new school!

A grand oak door filled the majority of the front wall, leading us into a courtyard, jam packed with First Years. In the middle of it was a podium, a few older years standing on it.
"Welcome to Crescent High! I am Tallulah, the head of Year Three, and also of the rest of you kids. Here, we have a system where there will be a head of each year, one boy, one girl, and the heads of Year Three are the heads of the school. We also do have an adult head, but the teachers rarely get involved, letting the students decide on rules and other things like that. Now, lets have a demonstration from some of our skilled students."
A kid walked onto the podium and started the chant a few strange words. The fountain in the centre erupted.

*Sorry it has taken so long to upload but I have had a lot going on at home and at school. I will try to post again soon but no promises...*