Chapter 7

Water flew into the air, hanging there, before splitting into millions of little droplets raining down on us. All of the First Years stared in awe at the boy who had done this as he stamped his foot and the water was drawn back into the fountain in a whirlpool.
A girl stepped up and started to chant similar words, and the braziers around the edge of the courtyard blazed to life. They crackled, reminding me of home, and then lost their fire as it created a phoenix, which then disintegrated into ash, falling onto the floor.
We were then ushered out of the courtyard and into a hall, where we were given our room keys and told that there would be a couple of tests to determine our timetables. I was pretty confident that I would do well on the test as my teachers always said that I was very bright and could achieve anything I put my mind to. Rose tapped me on the shoulder, and I began to listen to what Tallulah had to say.
"Now, I know some of you will be worried about the test tomorrow, but none of you will have had a test like this before. You are all going through the same experience and will have the same feelings. When I did mine, I was really nervous, but it was fine, and now look where I am. Go to your rooms now, and set up."
She stopped speaking, and we were lead out by a couple of Third Years into a grand lobby. I started to move with the crowd, heading down a corridor with the rest of the girls. At Crescent High, boys and girls were down separate corridors, and the rooms were decorated differently for each. The corridor that I was going down was painted cream, and there was a deep red carpet in the middle of the hardwood floor. Arched window seats lined the wall, with velvet seats the same colour as the carpet, and Greek style pedestals had vases full of flowers placed carefully on top. On the other wall, there were doors that matched the floor sunken in to it, with golden plaques that had a number engraved on it on the left side of the door. I continued along the corridor, until I got to the end, where there was a staircase leading to the next floor. This one looked just the same, but the carpet and velvet seats were a different colour - orange this time - and I walked to the end, climbing the next set of stairs. Each floor was a different colour, in the order of the rainbow, then it started again on floor 8. But my key said 601 on it, so that's where I stopped, and saw my room. I pressed my key into the lock and clicked it open, walking into the room and looking around. A few minutes later, Megan and Rose entered, clearly having the same reaction that I had.

"This is AMAZING!" Megan cried, flopping onto a bed and claiming it as her own. Rose and I calmly went over to the remaining beds, and I took the one by the window. The sheets were plain white, so I pulled a cover out of my bag and laid it on - it had the Magiker symbol on it. A couple of pillows flew towards me, and I caught them deftly, placing them on my bed. We spent the best part of an hour  unpacking, and sorting out the room. At the end, the room was a lot brighter, and looked like we had lived here for ages. A gentle breeze blew in from the window that was sightly cracked open, ruffling the sheets on my bed. A knock rung through the room, so I walked to the door, opening it to see who was there. It was Reef. He smiled at me as we made our way to the chairs and sat down.
"Woah, this room is really nice," Reef exclaimed, awe in his voice. "My room is a dump compared to this!" He looked around, clearly jealous of it.
Megan came over and we all started chatting, Rose joining us soon after.

📚

The sound of a bell shattered my ears as I jumped up in shock. Looking at her watch, Rose told us that it was probably dinner time and we all left the room. We strolled down the corridor but Megan realized she had forgotten something. She turned around and ran back to the room, saying that she'd meet us at dinner. It took us a couple of minutes to get to the dining hall, but when we did, I couldn't believe my eyes. This school had the best facilities I had ever seen, with the rooms being so comfortable, and the dining room having tables to accommodate all different amounts of people. I pulled a chair out, sitting down and taking a booklet from the middle of the table.

To order food, take the paper in front of you and write what you want. It will arrive.

There was no paper in front of me, but suddenly, it materialised and I pushed back, not knowing what had happened. Slowly, I came back in to the table and picked up a pen, starting to write down a meal. It arrived soon after, and my stomach growled - I was so hungry. The steak and chips on my plate was gone in minutes, and not too long after, Megan arrived, sitting down and ordering her food. She looked nervous, and clearly didn't want us to ask. I started chatting.

* Chapter 7 is done, sorry it's later than planned. I'll try to update soon, maybe once a week will do. Let me know if you want another update and I will post not long after. *