Chapter 67

"Do you hereby solemnly swear that the testimony you are about to give will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? So help you, God?" The clerk states to me.

"Yes, I do," I reply.

"Please state your name,"

"Michael Anderson," 

The clerk hands it over to the crown, who begins questioning me.

"Who are you to the accused?" He queries.

"I'm Chief Wole Anderson's son," I respond. "Biological son," I add, looking at my father.

"Did you make a statement live on Instagram following the hours that your father's PA was detained in police custody?"

"Yes," 

"Why would you make such a statement about your biological father?"

"Because that is nothing but the truth," I respond. "My father is the one who is dealing and trafficking illegal drugs. Jefferey, his assistant, is innocent."

"Thank you, my Lord, I have no further questions," The crown says and sits.

"Does the defense wish to cross-examine the witness?" The judge asks.

"Yes, my lord," Dad's attorney says as expected. He stands while I swiftly resolve to defend Jeff no matter what question this man throws at me.

"How close are you to Jeffery, your father's PA?"

What the hell is he trying to ask me?

"We are close," I reply.

"As buddies? Do you two attend parties, clubs, the gym, and football games together?" I scoff a little in response to his question.

"Yes,"

"Were you drunk when you went live on Instagram?"

Guy, I need to stay calm to answer his sort of question.

"No," I reply.

"Remember, Michael, you swore an oath."

"You don't fucking have to remind me of that," I snarl at him.

"I'm not," He responds.  "I'm merely attempting to argue that you cannot act as a witness while lying to support your close buddy, Jeff,"

"Objection, my Lord," The crown interferes as he rises.

"Objection sustains," The judge declares.

"Defense, you can't manipulate or accuse a witness into telling the truth, you can only prove to the court  that a witness is lying." He includes. "And Michael, please refrain from using offensive or derogatory language in court.

"Thank you, my lord," Dad's lawyer replies, then he turns to face me.

"You passed out right after you went live on Instagram, proving you had been drinking before making such a statement live on Instagram,"

"No, I drank off because of my father's bullshit," I say.

"Final warning," I hear the judge remark. "No more profanity," He cautionary adds and I roll my eyes.

"I had already gone live before I drank off," I clarify my response.

 "Are you just backing up your so-called friend, Jeff, because you were having issues with your father, who wouldn't buy you a house and other luxuries until you graduated?"

"Objection my Lord," The crown stands furiously.

"Objection overruled," the Judge retorts. "Michael, go ahead and answer the question,"