Chapter 49

I ran out of ideas as soon as I exited his study, not knowing what else to do. I couldn't think straight, and even though I warned him to watch me, I knew he wouldn't be moved by that. He is aware that there is no way I can inform the police that he is smuggling drugs.

I don't have any proof of this, and he would have even linked with these officers the fact that Jeff is not worried about getting caught. Even if he is finally captured, his money and assets would be forfeited, which will be a loss for Mr. Ademola because he will not receive his money back.

I spoke with Tracy on the phone, and she asked me to meet her at her hostel. I quickly race back to school. She was also allocated to The Sapphires hostel, which is also where Ren resides.

I arrived at the hostel garage and the moment I hop out of the car, I start heading straight to her room, which she had said is on the second floor.

Ladies I encounter on the way exchange pleasantries with me, astonished to find me at their hostel, implying I don't go to ladies' hostel.

Some are out and about dressed to the nines, while others are simply strolling around in their lingerie.

I keep glancing around in hopes of coming across Ren at any moment, but I can't seem to spot anyone who even somewhat resembles her.  The fact that I saw her earlier today with her ex, I wouldn't know what to say to her even if I did see her.

Tracy's room is still in my sight, so I bang on the door as I got there.

She opens the door, and I enter the room to see a lady seated on the bed, most likely her roommate.

"Hello," I say, and this lady raises her head to look at me. Her brows lift in surprise as she notices me.

"Michael," she exclaims.

"Could you please excuse us?" Tracy whispers gently to her, and she nods alright. She grabs hold of the novel she's reading, climbs out of bed, and begins to make her way out of the room.

I watch Tracy close the door while stuffing my hands into my pockets. She is wearing a crop top and leggings.

"Hello, boo," As she turns around to face me, she breaks the silence. "Folks must have assumed we were dating again, right?" She adds playfully, and I roll my eyes, not finding her comment humorous.

"That's precisely why I never assumed you'd still be living at the campus residence hall. I thought that your sugar daddy would have gotten you a hip apartment " I answer sarcastically and she giggles a little.

"What's the matter with you?" She then asks with a scowl on her face.

"Why are you following Ren and me?" She shakes her head in response to a query I retort.

"What made you think I'd do anything like that?"

"You taped me and forwarded it to her..." I'm saying this, and she interrupts me.

"I had expressed my regret for that,"

"And my dad fucking knows everything about us now?" Despite her interruption, I choose to finish my sentence.

She counters, "That doesn't explain the fact that I'm following you. I'm not, I swear it,"

"How could I possibly be sure of that when you keep fucking my father?"

"You came up with this again? What does that have to do with you and Ren being stalked?"

"Oh! Do you want me to think you are not the person snooping on us? Keep on fucking him and enjoy it while it lasts. Just keep in mind that not everything is about money."