Chapter 59

I've been confined for almost an hour, but it feels like an eternity since I have no access to a phone, food, or drink. I'm bored to tears and have anxiety attacks about how Nicholas found out about my secret as I lay in the bed cell.

I sit up when I recognize a voice and look behind the cell gate to find Scott.

I was expecting Jeff, but when I see this man, my expectations are altered, feeling good and I get to my feet to approach him.

"What have you done, by the way?" He inquires as he extends his arms through the gap in the gate to shake hands with me.

"Why would I tell you, knowing you might not be on my side this time again," I reply, recalling the fact that he was happy I couldn't sell my whip.

He scoffs loudly at my response.

"Guy, I'm sorry about that. I just feel like Tracy doesn't deserve what you are trying to do for her," He states in a pleading way. "What if you sell the car, give her the cash but still go back to your father? You can't trust her," He adds and I sigh, reasoning with his point.

"Nicholas knows that I went to see Ren's father and I'm afraid he might know more about my dad's past," I express, muttering to him, and his brows are raised in shock.

"What!" He responds. "How did he find out,"

"Same way I've been thinking and questioning myself," I respond, feeling disturbed. "I don't know," 

"What are you going to do?" He asks.

I shrug and say, "I'll tell Ren myself once I'm out."

"You can't do that, dude," He chides me while frowning.

"So what do I do?" I jumped in.

"I think you need to let the chief aware that Nicholas probably knows his past so he would know what to do with him," He suggests and I sneer at him angrily in response.

I can't believe what this guy is saying.

I'm talking about Ren, and he's bringing up my father in the conversation.

Someone who was the root of the issue?

"What in the name of God are you saying? Why does the chief have to be involved in this?" I debate.

"Because if you told Karen, you would lose on both sides." While he clarifies, I remain silent. "Why not simply safeguard your father's reputation at all costs?" He is saying this while being distracted by a police officer who comes into our presence.

Scott and I shockingly look into each other's eyes as the man starts to open the cell door.

"What is going on?" I enquire as I leave the cell and walk to the front desk with the man.

"You have been granted bail," He responds.

"Is there a trial?" I question.

"No, things have been resolved with the victim, but you would have faced the Panel regardless if it happened within the school premises,"

"Wow! Scott exclaims, "This is good news,"

I can tell my father used his influence to make it happen.

I'm even more surprised that he was able to bribe Nicholas not to make a victim impact statement. If I heed Scott's advice, I'm sure he would also buy him off.

He is dangerous, and he might even harm Nicholas. I really don't know what to do.

When we get to the Reception, I see Jeff chatting with an officer and the moment they returned my belongings to me, I went to meet him.