Chapter 53

We finally made it to Lagos Motorboat Club a short while later. Ren's mouth is open in shock as we both off my motorbike, and she is scanning the area while I am grinning and keeping my eyes on her.

"Don't tell me you're a member of this exclusive club," She exclaims.

"Oh, I won't tell you that," I respond. "Since my father holds a membership, I am entitled to it,"

"Wow, I thought as much," She comments and I chuckle a bit.

The Lagos Motorboat Club is a private club for members and guests. Without membership or an invitation from a member, one cannot use any of the services offered here.

The wonderful sea view, boat dock, city view, and pleasant live music playing in the background in the club settings by the water all contribute to the amazing environment.

One could experience their finest moments while enjoying wonderful food and beverages in these pleasant surroundings.

To surprise Ren and me with tasty dishes while we head to the wavefront, I have previously placed an order with the service.

Ren continues taking in this beautiful view, and I'm glad I brought her here. We stroll hand in hand onto the plank of the lagoon as she holds unto me.

In front of my father's boat, I order a stop.

"Chief owns this boat," I say and she meets my eyes.

"How long have you been visiting this location?" She asks with a smile on her face.

"When I was little." I respond and we both giggle as I continue, "Whenever my sister and I came to visit him on vacation, he would take us here to cruise, spend more time in the middle of the water, and we wouldn't leave until we saw the sunset."

"Wow! What beautiful memories you guys had created with your father" She responds, and I grin.

How I wish she had such unforgettable memories with her father as well. The fact that my dad was the cause of it, and that I can't tell her despite my conscience bugging me, makes my heart ache.

How much longer will I act like a coward?

"What are we waiting for?" I'm startled out of my reverie by her question. "I might have to watch the sunset here as well," She adds, making me chuckle.

"Of course, I can't wait," I answer and I board the boat. I then extend my arms to assist her in getting here with me.

We both smile at each other as we stand in the cabin of the boat.

I give her a life jacket and stand by as she fastens it.

A waiter then appears with our picnic basket, and as he offers it to me, I whisper my appreciation. When I open it, I find various plastic containers, a bottle of Fre Merlot with two glasses, and some fruits like apples, strawberries, and grapes.

I also carefully set the basket on the sole.

"Great!" I applaud.

Ren points to the basket and says,

"Can we get somewhere in the middle of the water to enjoy them?"

"Are you sure?" She was famished before we arrived, so I enquire.

"Of course," She responds with a nod. "The settings have already nourished my eyes and tummy,"

I give her a gesture of approval and walk behind the helms.

She likewise veers to keep beside me.

"Do you feel okay?" I ask as I notice her silence with her face a picture of horror.