Chapter 64

I was relieved when the cops permitted me to see Jeff, although I only had 15 minutes to speak with him.

He walks into the waiting area with handcuffs on his wrist and his eyebrows are arched in surprise to see me.

After spending more than 24 hours in a cell, he appeared to be really worn out and stressed out, and I could only imagine what he was going through.

I could remember the few hours I spent in the school cell before he came to release me on bail. I felt like I had reached my breaking point during those hours.

"Hey," He says as he approaches and gives me a thorough inspection.

"When I heard the news, I was shocked and worried about you."

"Well, this is me," I shrug, and despite his handcuffs, he gives me a side hug, which I hold for a few seconds.

He keeps staring at my bandaged hands as I let go of him, and we both sit facing one other.

"Guy, I'm fine," I respond to his anxious expression, and he lifts his eyeballs to gaze into my eyes.

"What is going to happen tomorrow? I begin interrogating him because I don't have much time to speak with him.

My heart falls as he sighs and shrugs, motioning, "Nothing about tomorrow."

"You are so brave to go live about the chief," He remarks, and I giggle a bit.

I don't need his praise though, all I want to know is what is happening so that I could offer support.

"Is the lawyer Dad hired for you still representing you?"

"No," He gulps and replies in a short manner.

"What the hell are you and my father up to?"

"Nothing to worry about, dude," He answers, and I roll my eyes in disbelief.

"Guy, you wanna rot in jail primarily for the crime committed by my father, just like Ren's father?"

"There's nothing I can do to change that," He says, scowling at me.

I respond aggressively, "Then you need to explain to me what the fuck is going on."

He then started to explain,

"Since you passed out after providing the statement and the cops discovered no proof after scouring the mansion again. Your father is attempting to show the court that everything you said was said when you were under the influence of alcohol. He has your medical records and other evidence to support this claim."

"How about you then?" I inquire, peering into his eyes for a prompt response while he scans the area to see if anybody else is observing us.

"His plan is for me to be found guilty in court so that he can be set free," He whispers to me.

"Therefore, I will have to represent myself in court tomorrow while that lawyer will defend and represent the chief."

"What!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, if the judge finds me guilty, then..." He shrugs, not wanting to finish that when his eyes are red with tears.

"But you can defend yourself by giving the officers evidence," I say to which he nods no.

"Come on! You've been his PA for a while, I'm sure you know his warehouse or where he gets the cocaine..." I was expressing my concern when he interrupted.

"That's what you don't get, Man," He clarifies. "Your father has some powerful drug lords who he works with, he is not doing this alone."

"But you can expose them all,"