Chapter 5

After dropping Scott off at his hostel, I returned home. Folks have been complimenting me and taking pictures of me racing through Ikoyi's streets in my new whip since morning, so things have been going great.

To show off, we also sped over to the school's campus. I'll admit that today, my new whip occasionally makes Scott and me immature.

Now I'm in my room, looking jaded as I take my clothing off. All I want right now is a good snooze so I can be ready for my nighttime bar party.

Along with that, I asked Maria to prepare some tuna chips for me.

While in my boxer brief, I turn on the blue led light, which dims and illuminates my room, and then I reach for the TV remote on the shelf.

Keeping a close eye on the television, I notice that the Manchester derby match is already in progress. Even though I support Chelsea, I need to watch this to pass the time till my chips are ready.

Before sitting on my bed, I hear a knock at my door. Maria is so on time this afternoon if it is her.

"Come in," I say and the door opens right away. I scoff as I see Tracy walking in her shorts and strapless top.

She is a plump fair girl whom I first met at a night party at my father's hotel. We spoke that evening, and since things seemed to be going well between us and I found out she was a cruise girl while she had heard of me, we decided to go on a date.

As she approaches me, she calls out, "Babe!"

"Hi, I'm watching an important match," I respond and return my eyes to the television.

"We need to talk now since your father is not around." She says as she clings to my lap in a childlike manner, her arms encircling my shoulder.

"It's now all about the chief, huh?" I groan, frowning at her.

She protests, "I thought we had talked about this."

"Why are you here, then?" I spewed out.

"Because you have been ignoring me ever since you saw me with the chief," She responds, getting up from my lap, wrapping her arms around her chest, and gazing at the gliding ceiling as she stands still and blocks me from the television.

We remain silent for a short while. I wonder if she ever understands how hurtful it is for me to see my girlfriend having an affair with my father.

I give her space since I don't want to interfere with her game, but now she's trying to get my attention.

"Why are you doing this?" I finally break the silence with a soothing voice as I give her my full attention, staring intently into her eyes.

"Dude, I don't take relationships seriously." She shrugs and says.

"When I was a kid, my fucking dad abandoned us. My mother has ovarian cancer, and she needs to undergo chemotherapy. I'm the oldest, there is no family, and I had to pay her hospital fees in addition to caring for my younger siblings and myself." She laments, and this makes me feel bad for her.

"Knowing how hard it is to acquire a good-paying job in this country without experience, hooking up and receiving my cash is the easiest way I can make my money. Meeting your father, Chief Anderson is a major deal for me." She continues, sniffing and controlling her tears.

I stand up and approach her slowly. I have no idea what Tracy has been going through.

Now I see why she's acting this way. Although I can no longer hold anything against her, I still believe that what she is doing is wrong. I believe it is risky.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, console her, and pull her close.

I hold her tightly as she places her head on my bare chest.

"But don't you know my dad is a philanthropist?" I add, hoping that she will understand what I mean.

Of course, she does, and in response to my statement, she raises her head to look at me and chuckles a little.

"Sure! I am aware of it," She finally responds. "Funny enough, I told him about my problems, but what does he offer?" Tracy continues as she sighs.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I mutter in disbelief because I am ashamed to hear that about my dad.

"Your dad may be a philanthropist, but he has targets that he takes from, and one of them is me," She clarifies.

I remain silent because I am at a loss for words. I feel like hitting my father because I am so disappointed in him.

She puts her hands on my shoulder. "Don't act tough Mike about what is going on between your dad and me," She says quietly, looking up into my eyes and meeting my gaze.

"I'm used to it since I belong to the streets." She continues.

"It's all about you right now, and the last time I looked, guys like you don't get swept up in love,"

When Tracy says, I immediately think of myself.

I don't fall in love, and she is right. I don't think true love exists.

Even the girls I've had affairs with are aware of my ground rules. They knew I wouldn't stay with them forever, I might spend my money on them, but once I'm done, I'm done, and that's it.

She explains, "I know you're upset that I chose your dad over you, but trust me, that's just how my life is. If not, why would I pick someone else over a sweet guy like you?"

Her last remarks eventually make me feel better than before.

"You remind me of who I am," I gaze into her eyes and she smiles widely.

I bit my lip as She replied, "Go have fun tonight as much as you can,"

She then winked at me.

We suddenly hear a knock at the door, which causes Tracy to pull back, and I stare at her carefully. She is really scared.

"Your lunch is ready, Michael," When we heard Maria's voice, Tracy breathes a sigh of relief and catches her breath.

"Gosh!" I respond, "You can have it."

"What?" Maria asks.

"I said you should fucking eat it or you'll get fucking fired," I yell aggressively, losing my cool.

"All right, sir!" She says and Tracy chuckles as we hear footsteps away from the door.

"Seriously, I thought it was your dad." She responds "He must not find us here, both alone in the room,"

"So it's gotten to that point," I react, and she shrugs in response, moving to my nightstand so she can get a cigarette.

Tracy is going through a lot.