Chapter 57

I call her on a video call after reading her text, and she answers right away.

"Hey," I say as I see her lying on the bed in her floral tank baby doll.

"Hey," She replies, smiling.

"Why won't you fall asleep?" I question.

She sighs, "I don't know."

"Where is Tobi?"

"She went to a vigil,"

"Oh! So you're the only one in the room," I inquire, and she nods, motioning yes.

"Maybe I should have joined her." She retorts, which makes me chuckle a little. I have no idea if she is simply bored or if she is unable to fall asleep due to another issue.

"Tell me something." She says, mumbling.

"Like?"

"Anything," She childishly shrugs her shoulder while I begin to hum as I contemplate what to say.

"I have nothing on at the moment," I finally remark, and she scoffs.

"What exactly do you mean by that?"

Without saying a word, I wrap my cock with my arm and swiftly raise my phone so she can see that I'm naked.

She gasps, her eyebrows furrowed in disbelief.

"What!" She reacts in excitement, biting her lips as she shakes her head. "You're naughty!" She continues while I drop my arm to make only my upper body visible to her.

I defend myself by saying, "You ask me to tell you anything."

"I didn't anticipate that," I sigh as she responds with a gentle smile still on her face.

"Well, another thing I can tell you is that my father took away my whip today," I say, her face furrowed in concern.

"Why would he seize it?"

"I intended to sell it to help a friend of mine, but he refused," I respond, and she pouts.

"I'm not sure how long I'm gonna have to wait for him to release her for me," I add.

"You're going to miss her badly," She expresses empathetically.

"Absolutely," I agree with a sigh.

"So what's bothering you?" I inquire, lying on my back while she sighs deeply as she sits up.

"I don't know, I'm worried about tomorrow," She answers. "I'm having this sense that something horrible is about to happen, like a nightmare, like my dad won't be freed tomorrow, or I'm going to lose someone so precious to me, I don't just know," she continues ranting, appearing troubled, and I cut in.

I whisper, "Hey, stay calm and take a deep breath."

She gives a satisfactory response and then gently inhales and exhales.

As soon as she opens her eyes, I reassure her. "Nothing horrible is going to happen tomorrow."

 "His term is over, and he will be a freeman as of tomorrow," I add and she nods in agreement. It had to be the reason she couldn't sleep.

I can't imagine how she feels.

"Would you mind if I came over?" I imply by my query.

"I would want that, but it's 9:30 and guys can't stay in my hostel once it's 10:00," She explains.

"I don't mind bending the rule." I shrug.

"How is that even possible?" She replies lightly, and I smile as I stand up.