Chapter ONE TWENTY - Intention

(Formula - Labrinth)

Should stars have ends, then tonight's sky was was emphatically littered with undesirable denouements. Pin pricks of light all but nothing in reality, shimmering down in false hopes and useless promises.

My fingers trembled

my wand raised just over Sebastian's shoulder.

Yet the word still danced on the edge of my tongue,

painting my lips in silent crimson,

unused,

unsaid.

Obliviate.

The only spell my frantic mind had been able to formulate, my intention to erase certain memories entirely wavering, mind a blur. I wasn't even sure I remembered how to properly cast it, having only learned it from books. Though in my moment of desperation, that had been the least of my worries.

Sebastian's own hand shook drastically, the wood of his checkered wand clutched deep beneath his fingers, tip dipped against Ominis' neck just below his jawline. His opposite palm fisted in Ominis' shirt.

Whispers of words wandered the inaudible chaos,

his shoulders heaving, ragged breaths tumbling.

"I'm sorry Ominis. I- I'm- I'm sorry. I'm s-sorry. I'm sorry. F-forgive m-me... Ominis..."

Sebastian's curse echoed below my skin.

"Stay here until Atley and I have left."

Sebastian wept, pressing a quick kiss to his forehead and dropping his own head to Ominis' shoulder.

My breathing sounded distant as memory spread through my arm and I dropped it to my side. A strangled sort of noise lifting the air from my lungs.

Sebastian pulled himself from Ominis quickly, turning around and leaving me no time to react before he had pushed me back into a crumpled wall. I startled slightly at the speed of his movements, air dropping quickly from Sebastian's lips as another sob swept over him and he slammed his lips to mine, shaking fingers pressed against either of my cheeks.

My heart disconnected from my body.

My thoughts from my brain.

Starlight from stars.

Voice shaking, I pulled my face from his, not daring to look back at Ominis, fearing the glow of his eyes.

"Sebastian... What have you done?"

"He wasn't going to let us leave with it Atley. I had to. I had to for Anne. For him and Anne..."

"You cursed him Sebastian..." My own words tried to engrain themselves in my own mind.

His fingers still shook at my jawline, I'd never seen anyone tremble as hard as he was now. I kept my eyes on his lips, terrified to see the glowing tilts of fog in his eyes as I had the last time he'd used the curse.

The lilt of his voice strangled.

Thoughts colliding and shifting his focus.

"I didn't know- he could have t-told me... I didn't know he felt- I would have listened. Would have t-told him-" His stuttering so thick it was hard to understand his string of words. "I f-felt- I felt... it doesn't matter how I felt. I- I- You-"

His right thumb ran across my jawline.

"Please look at me..."

I clenched my teeth, feeling the salt of my tears at my nose.

"I can't Sebastian-"

"Please." Cracked and broken. "Not you too. There was no other way-"

My lips trembled beneath his fingertips.

He continued, forcing the words out despite his heavy, frantic breaths.

"You have to mean it... the curse... I- I- I couldn't mean it if he didn't tell me he trusted me... I had to mean it..."

Something sniffled from behind us.

"You didn't."