Chapter ONE OH TWO - Gallivanting

"You can't be serious? Sebastian don't lie to me, how could I have burnt the table and not you?"

Naked, freckled and smirking like none other, the sight was quite a lot to take in.

"Maybe you've learned to control it? Even in your blissed out, subconscious mind." 

He winked and I could feel the heat in my cheeks even after it all.

"Seriously Atley. That's brilliant." He grabbed for my hand, squeezing gently. "I'm so proud of you."

Gentle kiss against the top of my hand, he rubbed his thumb over my wrist. Concern flecked across his eyes and voice quiet. "Are you alright?"

I don't know why that question hit me so hard but my chest tightened and my face must have scrunched up because Sebastian pulled me down into a hug, chin tucked over my shoulder. "I've got you sweetheart."

A few moments more and I pulled back, he pressed a hand to my cheek and smiled but glanced back over my shoulder to the table.

"It's a good thing Ominis is blind."

----

Clean, clothed and peppered in a million more nose kisses, Sebastian and I were finally ready to head back to Feldcroft. The way we came from the estate now nonexistent, Sebastian had tried again and again to convince me to let him steal another broom but I'd held my ground. Boots crunching in the snow, we found our way to the nearest outdoor Floo lady.

"Off on another adventure are-"

"Can it lady."

As if insulted, the stone fell quiet and Sebastian crossed his arms with a satisfied grin. 

Looping my hand through his arm we traveled quickly through to just outside Feldcroft, taking off running as soon as the world evened out. I nearly tripped over Sebastian's boot but he caught me, laughing hysterically.

I could have sworn the statue yelled louder after us as we ran away.

The morning sun was just beginning to tip over the horizon, warm pinks painting the tops of the snowy hills. I silently hoped the two inside would be far too exhausted from the ordeal yesterday to be up at this hour.

The house was surprisingly close to the Floo system and we walked up to the door in less than a minute. Sebastian stepped forward, hand floating just above the handle, only to moments later drop it back to his thigh with a slap. He frowned.

"You go first. Just in case... I can't see that again."

I rolled my eyes but ducked my head in, opening the door as silently as I could and slithering inside. The fireplace still roared in the corner, blankets still heaped on the ground ahead of it and I let out a quick breath before peeking back outside.

"All clear Sallow..." I snorted, finding him in the snow with his hands over his face. "You can uncover your eyes."

"Oh thank Merlin." He shuffled in quickly, kicking off his boots and alining them next to the others.

I nearly jumped out of my skin as someone hissed sharply from the kitchen.

"Where have you been?"

"Holy shit Ominis." I clutched my chest, heart scraping over every one of my ribs.

Sebastian nearly dropped the wand he had been removing from his pocket, fumbling with it in the air a couple times until he was able to snatch it to his chest and glare over at his friend.

"Well?" Ominis was leaned against the kitchen counter, elbows back, ankles crossed and brow raised. The pose would have been incredibly intimidating if it weren't for the bright purple, tight sweater with a large stitched "A" across the center that clung to his torso over his usual green trousers.

Sebastian snorted, rolling his shoulders back and smoothing down the front of his own shirt. "Don't ask questions you don't want answers to Ominis." 

I slapped his shoulder. He continued through a grin.

"By the way, that is a lovely jumper you have on. It goes quite well with your eyes."

Ominis lifted a finger forward and opened his mouth but shut it quickly, furrowing his brows and dropping his elbow slightly.

I took pity on the poor boy, leaning in to whisper. "I think that you may be wearing Anne's sweater."

Ominis' cheeks blushed brightly and he tapped a hand over his chest, running the fabric through his fingers. 

"Oh." 

He shook his head and recrossed his arms. "Never mind that. Will the two of you be so kind as to inform me why you have been gallivanting around for hours without so much as a word? And I presume to find no note anywhere here either." Whispered hiss slithering across my skin.

"We just... needed some air." The guilt of lying clung to my lungs but I shook it off, I would not be informing him of just the sort of 'gallivanting' we had been up to.

Sebastian snorted yet again, smirking as he brought a hand up to twirl a fake mustache, chin to the air. "Ah yes. It twas a night full of gallivanting good sir. Yes quite. Mmhmm."

Ominis licked his lips and sighed deeply. "Stop that."

"Whatever do you mean? I only speak in the most dignified of sentences. Yes indubitably."

I bit my bottom lip to keep from smirking.

"I'm quite serious Sebastian. You two are lucky Anne slept through everything. After the stunt you pulled yesterday..."

The messy brown haired boy shuffled over to his friend, clasping his shoulder and shaking it gently. "Don't you worry Ominis, Atley had me well under control."

"Oh Merlin. Please shut up. Just... let one of us know when you plan to disappear next, please? I... didn't get a wink of sleep."

Sebastian pulled Ominis in to a firm hug, whispering against his ear, Ominis' body stiff in surprise. "I shall tell you exactly when and where I plan to gallivanting next. Promise."

Ominis wiggled from his grasp, holding him an arms length away and sniffing through a scrunched nose.

"Why do you smell like burnt wood?"