Chapter EIGHTY - Gifts and Humor

"Sebastian. Look." I tilted the cover and he scowled.

"Lovely." He crossed his arms and leaned against the closest pillar.

"What? What is it?" Ominis had rose to sit tall on his knees, nose in my direction.

"The symbol in my ancient magic book lit up-"

"She's been summoned." Sebastian sighed. "Alright, let's go." He shifted his weight and began stepping toward the exit.

"Sebastian no. It's too dangerous. Stay here with Ominis and I'll be back to tell you all about it as soon as I'm done." I shoved the book back into my bag and lugged it over my shoulder.

"Wait. You're going alone?" Ominis was on his feet now and shuffled forward too quickly, toe of his shoe catching on one of the pillows and stumbling into my arms. "You're not- I won't let you go alone."

Sebastian scoffed. "Uh... exactly sweetheart, we're in this together."

He held my gaze with a satisfied smirk, knowing he'd won before I even had the chance to confirm.

I helped Ominis right himself and pat his shoulder. "You don't have to come with. We'll come back right after..."

"No! I will not be left by myself again. I will not stand around waiting, worrying if you two will come back alright or come back at all! I will be there with you." The serpent speech slithered from his tongue, fierce and commanding.

Sebastian smirked back over his shoulder with a quirked brow in my direction. "Well... three heads are better than one."

"It's two heads are better than one." Ominis grumbled.

"And by that logic, three is better than two! Simple mathematics Ominis."

"But-"

"Mate I'm quite literally on your side. Don't fight this."

And there I was. Left outnumbered by my best friend and my boyfriend.

My heart did a little flip at that thought as the three of us walked out together into the halls.

----

Sebastian had insisted we stop by the Slytherin common room so that he could grab a couple things. Ominis and I waited in the dark corridor just outside.

I was about to question whether I should stop by my own room and change clothes when the brown haired boy bounced back out to us.

"Here." His grin was ear to ear. "I commissioned that Gladrags fellow to make this for me- well for you." He placed it into my hands and I recognized the familiar shape of a tiny shoulder bag. Its fabric was thick and durable beneath my fingers and small buttons held it securely closed. It couldn't have been larger than my hand and I slung the strap over my shoulder, surprised at how perfectly snug it fit.

I glanced up to find him grinning at me. "Another perk of that wonderful custom dress I suppose. He already had your measurements."

"Sebastian-"

"Look inside." He nodded excitedly and I noticed Ominis just past his shoulder smirking to the ground.

Carefully, I unclasped the buttons and flung open the top flap. Peeking inside I was surprised to find a large handful of familiar green bottles and I gently lifted one out into the candlelight.

"Wiggenweld?"

"Yup! A whole heap of them! I wanted you to have something a little easier to carry around on your... adventures than that big book bag. And of course I wanted you to be well stocked on health potions. I had Ominis help me with those, though I told them it was just homework. For someone who complains about being absolute rubbish at potions, he's incredibly good at it. And look at this-" He stepped entirely too close, breath kissing my ear as he dipped his hand to hold the bag flap and pointed to a little mesh pocket just on the underside.