Chapter 38

Aviva's excitement was difficult to contain. She tightened the sash of her night robe, keen to keep her sexy underwear set hidden away from Finn like a secret gift. She wanted him to savor her. They had a whole night to themselves. A suite locked away from prying eyes. They could do whatever they wanted. Be as loud as they wanted.

Opening the Hideaway door slowly, she was immediately greeted by cool, conditioned air. The room was spacious, lights dimmed low and creating a soft lavender aura from the billowy floor-length curtains at the windows. Scattered rose petals lay at her bare feet as she walked further into the room. In the center of it all sat a luxurious, canopied California King bed. A fluffy, inviting surface that she was ready to dive into.

Well, she would have if it weren't for the massive Irishman already taking up every bit of space. Finn lay flat on his back, limbs strewn to all four posts. His chest gently rose and fell with each relaxed breath.

Aviva placed her fists on her cocked hip, "Make yourself comfortable, why don't you."

Finn hummed happily, "It's incredible, Rosie; you have no idea."

She shook her head, stepping closer to the bed, "Maybe I would if someone wasn't already melded into the mattress. Move."

"Can't. I've become one with the duvet."

"Finnley! This is my prize, you know!" Aviva shouted with a laugh. She pushed against his side with both hands, though he barely moved a centimeter, "I bet I didn't even have to bring y—woah!"

When she opened her eyes, Finn looked up from beneath her. He grinned, wrapping her up in his familiar embrace, "And you're my prize. Now we're both lucky."

Aviva flattened her palms on his chest, pushing herself up to see his face more clearly, "You have a thing for sweeping me off my feet, it seems."

"It hasn't failed me so far..." He pinched her chin between his fingers, coaxing her closer. His mouth opened slightly, lifting his neck to steal a kiss.

Aviva pushed herself up higher, abruptly pulling her head away.

Finn pursed his lips, narrowing his eyes at her reaction. He strained further, a second attempt at connection.

Once again, she moved away. He chased her twice, thrice, each time she evaded him until he whined in frustration. Aviva couldn't keep up the game, folding in a fit of laughter as she showered his pouty face in kisses, "You're. So. Cocky!"

Finn's amusement died down slowly. He held her face in his palms, "Does it bother you...?"

She stared down at him, detecting a hint of worry behind his piercing green stare. Of the bits she'd come to know, no part of Finn could keep her away from him. The corners of her mouth ticked up, "No, I like it. Keeps things light."

"Ah...good. I know I can be..." Finn started, seeming unusually timid.

"Never too much," Aviva assured him with a kiss. She rolled off him in favor of lying on her side. Finn adjusted himself to face her, tucking one hand beneath his pillow.

"I guess I've been thinking about what happens after all of this," Finn continued, waving his hand in the air, "sometimes I wonder if you won't, I dunno, fancy me anymore once we leave."

Aviva scrunched her face. What an inconceivable thought. "After everything we've been through? How could I?"

"No, you're right. I know things on TV seem real. But they're so different on the outside." Finn sighed.

"Funny... I've kind of been thinking about that, too. Life will probably be the same old thing and new all at once. It's going to be a lot."

"Yeah..."