Chapter Thirty Two

Alyssays had been quiet, both on the boat and during the march to Kings Landing. Daenery and Jon gave her space, knowing she was desperately trying to see anything in her visions that could help them.  She had seen some things, most disturbing was the vision of the Night King bringing Viserion back as an undead mockery of the once proud dragon he had been.

She had told Daenerys in private, knowing that the information would devastate her sister. Jon had already sent the information to East Watch, Tormund had to put retreat plans into motion so that as many lives could be saved as possible. There was no way to know how the wall would stand against the ice dragon, but all of them knew it was not good news for the wildings guarding it. While they would try to eliminate as many wights and walkers as possible the most important thing was that they had a escape plan.

She had also seen that The Lannister Lioness was expecting a child. She had not made it known and Aly knew there was a way to use it to their advantage she just hadn't seen the angle yet. Most important she believed, was that Jamie Lannister was beginning to see the cracks and terribleness of his sister/lover. There was a core of an honorable man in Jamie Lannister and if they could reach that it would be a terrible blow to Cersei Lannister to lose him. 

By the time they landed at Dragonstone Jon had recovered his strength and they sailed with Daenerys, Tyrion, Jorah, Varys, Missiandei and Theon Greyjoy to Kings Landing. The Unsullied, 8,000 strong, with Grey Worm at their head marched on and were standing in formation outside the walls of the capital. Half of the 100,000 Dothraki marched as well and were currently whooping and screaming outside the Lannister's gates.

Daenerys and Alyssays had flown off on Drogon and Daegar a few hours ago with Rheagal following and were waiting to make a spectacular entrance. Dany was standing next to her on a rise while they waited. watching her carefully as Aly stood with her eyes closed and concentrated on seeing when they needed to leave. They are dressed almost identically in black leather riding dresses with armored bodices. The only difference is that while Daenerys had a Targaryen red cloak Aly's was a dark grey.

"This will work." She murmurs to Daenerys. 

"How do you know?" She asks allowing the worry to be heard since it was just Aly with her.

"Because it has to." Aly answers and grabs her sister's hand to squeeze it tight. "You can't have lost him for nothing." Her eyes open. "It's time." 

............................................

Jon, Tyrion, Jorah, Varys and Theon stand on the deck of the Targaryen ship, The fleet of Euron Greyjoy surrounds the southern half of Blackwater Bay with at least 100 ships. There 5 ships seemed paltry but Jon takes some comfort in knowing that most of the fleet had escaped the attack on The Rock and were sailing back to Dragonstone. If they beat the army of the dead they will need a navy to combat Cersei Lannister's. The capital looms in the center of the bay and the towering walls of The Red Keep glow faintly in the sun.

"How many people live here?" Jon asks Tyrion.

"A million, give or take." The hand of the Queen responds.

"That's more people than the entire North crammed into that." Jon looks confused and slightly appalled. He misses the space of the North already and Alyssays presence next to him even more. "Why would anyone want to live that way?"

Tyrion shrugs. "There's more work in the city. And the brothels are far superior."

The Hound comes up from below deck with the crate that holds the wight.

...................................................

Missandei is looking at the ruins of the dragon pit just outside the city walks. "Why did they build it?" She asks Ser Jorah.