Chapter Three

A/N: This is a long chapter, but I couldn't find a logical place to break it up any sooner.

Dany was much happier today, she seemed settled and content. It was Aly who was distracted and tired. He dreams of Jon had been... troubled. He was unhappy, he felt betrayed and isolated.

Even though he had always been somewhat apart from his half siblings he had hoped to find comradery and a place to belong on the wall. But he was more isolated than ever. The other recruits resented his upbringing, most of them had been peasants and even as a bastard Jon had still been raised in his lord father's household. The trainer was a cruel and awful man, brutal for no reason and Jon's training and natural gifts made him a constant target of both the trainers and the other men.

As a result, Aly's sleep had been troubled and she was listless and quite on the morning ride.

"What is wrong? Have you seen something?" She heard her sister's sweet voice from beside her.

Alyssays smiled at her older sibling, "No, nothing like that." She assured her not wanting to concern Dany.

"I've not been a very good big sister lately." Dany admits to her. 

"You have had more than enough of your own to concern yourself with, my dreams from across the sea are hardly something that you need to worry about right now."

Dany directed her horse closer to Aly's. "It is something concerning Jon that troubles you then?" Dany whispered. She was the only person in the world who knew that her sister's visions had always shown her the life of one seemingly unimportant boy from Westeros. Dany also knew that Aly had always been convinced that Jon was important to her specifically, they were tied together somehow, there was no other explanation for Aly's visions of his life.

"Dany, I'm sure it's noth..."

"I am your older sister, and your Khalessi, I demand to know what is going on that has you so troubled." Daenarys tells her in a lofty and superior manner that has both laughing.

So, Aly spent the ride that day telling her sister about her recent dreams of Jon and how she was worried about him. Dany also had the opportunity to tell Aly how the night before with Drogo had gone. It was wonderful for the two sisters to be able to reconnect and gossip without other ears listening.

Around midday they caught up with Ser Jorah near the front of the Khalasar to get freshwater skins and Daenerys was very quiet as she watched the lines of slaves on foot traveling with them carrying tents, furniture, and other heavy items. "Do the Dothraki buy their slaves?"  

Jorah shakes his head no at the sudden question

Jorah shakes his head no at the sudden question. "The Dothraki do not believe in money. Most of their slaves were given to them as gifts."

Aly gives the knight a confused look, "From whom?" 

Ser Jorah shrugs "If you rule a city and you see the horde approaching, you have two choices, pay tribute or fight. An easy choice for most. Of course, sometimes it's not enough. Sometimes a Khal feels insulted by the number of slaves he's given. He might think the men too weak or the women too ugly. Sometimes a Khal decides his riders haven't had a good fight in months and need the practice."