Chapter Eighteen

A/N: From here on out we will see a bit more of Jon's POV as it becomes more of their story as opposed to just Alyssay's story

.........................................................

Jon's POV

Jon's eyes snap open and his oxygen starved lungs cause him to gasp for breath.

In the doorway Ser Davos is staring at him and Jon slowly sits up on the table breathing heavily. He looks all around the room as if looking for someone and as he turns his head he sees Davos. Ghost is standing in front of Jon staring at him as Jon looks down at his body and sees his stab wounds. He begins gasping and shaking. He attempts to stand up but his legs buckle under him.

Davos quickly takes off his cloak and rushes over to Jon as he stumbles. Davos catches him and wraps him in his cloak. "Easy, easy. Easy." He tries to soothe him and helps Jon to sit back down in a near by chair.

Melisandre enters the room and stares at Jon and Davos in shock.

"What do you remember?" Davos asks gently.

Jon gasps. "They stabbed me. Olly...he put a knife in my heart. I shouldn't be here. She..."

"The lady brought you back." Davos nods towards Melisandre and Jon doesn't bother to correct the assumption since he is still unsure of what exactly he just experienced.

Melisandre approaches and kneels in front of him. "Afterwards, after they stabbed you. After you died, where did you go? What did you see?"

Jon debates with himself a moment. "Nothing, there was nothing at all." He lies.

Melisandre looks up at his with a frantic expression. "The Lord let you come back for a reason. Stannis was not the prince who was promised, but someone has to be."

Jon looks down and closes his eyes, completely overwhelmed.

"Could you give us a moment?" Davos asks Melisandre. She rises and exits the room and Davos closes the door behind her. He grabs a stool, and sits down in front of Jon. "You were dead. And now you're not." Jon glances up at the knight. "That's completely fucking mad, seems to me. I can only imagine how it seems to you."

"I did what I thought was right. And I got murdered for it. And now I'm back. How is that possible?" Jon asks.

Davos admits. "I don't know. Maybe we'll never know. What does it matter? You go on. You fight for as long as you can. You clean up as much of the shit as you can."

"I don't know how to do that." Jon tells him. "I thought I did, but...I failed."

"Good. Now go fail again." Davos tells him and gets up to start collecting Jon clothes to wear. Davos helps him dress since he is still fairly shaky and together they make their way outside to the courtyard.

Edd, Tormund, the faithful men of the Night's Watch, and the Wildlings are all gathered in the courtyard. They are all staring up at the entrance to the Lord Commander's room when Jon emerges on the balcony supported by Davos. He stares out at the crowd, then walks carefully down the steps with some help from Davos and moves through the crowd. The men on either side part to let him pass with shocked and awed expressions as he looks for his friends. Tormund walks up the middle to meet him and gives him a stunned look.

"They think you're some kind of god. The man who returned from the dead." Tormund tells him.

"I'm not a god." Jon whispers wondering if the girl from the vision was.