Chapter Twenty-Six

The two headed downstairs into the kitchen Harley instantly getting grabbed by her father. "We need to talk right now." Harley rolled her eyes as Liv smiled at her letting go of her hand. "Go. I'll get us some coffee."

"Thank you." Harley smiled before walking off with her father wanting to scream, she wished she had never agreed to help him now, it was as if this weekend went on forever, her and Liv had begun to work things out and now she might end up tearing it down.

"Whats going on? Are you having second thoughts?" Bennett questioned as he dragged Harley into his office that was filled with news articles and medals, a few family photos.

"Honestly yeah." She said folding her arms as her father looked at her with confusion. "Harley she is a criminal!" He said a little loudly, a look of anger washing over his face. "I know that! But it doesn't change how I feel about her dad. I really care about her."

He slammed his hand down onto his desk as he leaned over it looking into his front graden. "Harley... if you stay with her... I can't have anything to do with you. It affects my job!"

"So, you'll choose your job over your own daughter!?" She screamed. "I don't want to! So please, please I'm begging you, help me put her away, to keep the streets safe, make them safer for your niece and nephew."

She brought her finger up shaking her head as she looked at him with anger. "Don't! Don't you dare use them against me with this! She would never lay a hand on them!"

"How do you know Harley!? You don't know her!" He screamed. "I know enough!" She roared at him back as he let out a sigh fearing he had already lost his daughter to this woman.

"Harley sweetheart please I'm begging you, I don't want to find your body." Harley nodded with tears in her eyes knowing she could be making a mistake, but she couldn't help the way Liv made her feel. She didn't want to live without her now, she didn't think she could.

"You won't."

"She told me if I don't shut down the investigation I've got going against her, she'll kill you Harley."

"She won't."

Bennett let out a sigh shaking his head as he placed his hands onto his hips in disbelief. "So what I've to just sit back and watch you walk off into the sunset with a criminal!?"

"Look... I want to be with her, I don't care what she does for a living dad. I like her, I don't want to be without her. Deal with it."

"No!" He screamed as she looked at him with anger. "I will put her behind bars Harley and everyone who has helped her over the years which might end up meaning you if you stay with her! You either help me do it or you end it. There is no in between!"

"You don't get to decide that!"

"I am your father! I am suppose to protect you!"

"And breaking my own heart is protecting me!"

"Harley!" He roared just as the office door opened, Liv leaning against the door frame. "So much yelling." She smirked with her arms folded.

"Liv..." Harley frowned as Liv smiled at her walking towards her wrapping one arm around her waist. "What's with all the shouting Detective Bennett?" She questioned as he looked at her with so much anger that if looks could kill, Liv would be dead and buried by now.

"Get the hell away from my daughter!" He screamed as Ava walked into the office. "Jack! Enough!" Ava screamed as Liv smirked at him enjoying how much she had gotten to him.

"No... she's a..."

"Dad! Don't make me choose between you and Liv! You won't like the answer!" Harley screamed before rushing out of the room. "Liv can you give us..."