Chapter Twelve

*Trigger warning* Talk of suicidal thoughts in this chapter, please read with care.

"What has she told you!?" The blonde haired man screamed as he grabbed Harley's hair bringing her tired head up. They had beaten her so much that she couldn't speak, part of her thought that's why they did it, so they would have more of an excuse to beat her. Her eyes slowly shut as her mind drifted off.

~

"Another please." She said sadly to the bar tender who nodded as she thought about the things Clark had said to her, her so called best friend of twenty years had told her how selfish she was, how ungrateful she was and the world would be a better place if she would have just offed herself all those years ago. Harley had always struggled with her mental heath not that anyone would notice, hell Clark didn't notice, not until Harley came to her begging for help something she had never done before.

She told her what she had done to herself and how she really felt about herself, she showed her the scars, but of course Clark just used this information against Harley so on their last big fight Harley told her she was done, she didn't want anything to do with her, but of course Clark's words stuck in Harley's head so she had made up her mind. She was going to finish her drinks and then take one last walk through the city and say goodbye to everything she had known, she had even written out a note on her phone, she had removed her passcode so Seth could find it.

She wanted to live her life, but things had gotten so dark in her head that she didn't know how to see the light that was always at the other side.

"I got it Joe." A gorgeous chestnut brown haired woman covered in tattoos said coming into Harley's view surprising her. She couldn't help, but think why this gorgeous woman was talking to her, or paying for her drink. The bar tender known as Joe smirked. "Of course you do, Liv."

"Careful." She warned Joe who chuckled walking off leaving the two women to chat. "I'm Oliva, everyone calls me Liv." She said extending her hand as Harley nodded still in disbelief of why this woman was talking to her, strangers never approached in bars or ever. "Um Harley." She stated shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you." Liv said with a charming smile. She was dressed in tight black trousers with a white blouse that was tucked into them, with large black high heels on showing that she was a business woman.

"Kind of fancy for a bar, is it not?" Harley questioned turning slightly as Liv raised her right eyebrow. "Well I had some business to deal with in here so I thought I'd stay for one drink and then I saw you come in and decided to stay a little longer."

"Oh okay... wow I'm dense as hell." She stated as Liv frowned with a smile. "How so?"

"Because I didn't realise that a woman coming over to buy me a drink is just the same as if a man were to do it." Liv licked her lips nodding. "Okay... so maybe you shouldn't drink that." Harley opened her mouth slightly acting shocked. "I will drink this if I want to. Plus you aren't getting anything from me."

"No?" Liv questioned moving closer to her. "Nope." She nodded as she placed one of her hands onto the bar still keeping eye contact with her. "Wow, you have some intense eye contact."

"Only when I see something I want." She stated grinning as Harley blushed slightly. She had never been hit on by a woman so this was very new to her, and she had no idea how to react to it. "Wow... does that work on all the girls?" Liv chuckled flashing a pearly white smile.

"No, but it did on you." She said bringing her finger up and stroking Harley's cheek with the back of it, watching the red become brighter as Harley felt her cheeks getting warmer. "Okay, so I'm not used to being hit on by women. It's new."