Chapter Twenty-One

Harley kept hearing that same voice over and over in her head for the past few days now maybe longer since the days had started to blur together when she found out about Liv. She didn't quite understand it as it wasn't her voice, it wasn't exactly dream like, no this scene that replayed in her head was so life like that she thought it could have been a possible locked memory.

The thought put the fear of god into her as it was of a man screaming the name Adriana in desperation as if the woman was running from him, but she still didn't understand why she was having these dreams flooding her. Who was the man? Who was Adriana? And why was she dreaming of them?

Harley let out a large sigh as she looked to her left to see Liv sleeping soundly unlike herself due to her still having nightmares, they were only getting worse, but she didn't want to bother anyone with them. She decided to sleep on her window lounge chair due to what happened with them being alone for just a few minutes.

She didn't believe they'd be able to sleep next to each other and not have anything happen, of course Liv tried to protest this, but Harley won in the end.

She let out a sigh getting up from the window seat leaving her room heading down stairs for a glass of water. She turned the kitchen light on grabbing her chest getting the fright of her life as she saw her father sitting at the kitchen island looking lost.

"Dad, what are you doing up, sitting in the dark?" She questioned walking towards him with worry, grabbing a glass and filling it with water, taking a sip of it. He took a deep breath in. "Honey I need to tell you something." She frowned as he grabbed her hands gently looking into her eyes with such love and sadness.

"What is it?" He took another deep breath in telling her whatever he was about to say wasn't going to be good. "Liv isn't who she says she is." Harley swallowed, before frowning acting as if she didn't know what her father was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Bennett let out a sigh this time reaching under the island where a small amount of storage was. He pulled out a file passing it to Harley.

"Her real name is Olivia De Santis and she's a crime boss not a cafe owner. Her business is just a front, I've been trying to take her down for years. She's using you to get to me, to make me stop my investigation against her." Harley frowned at him deeper as she opened the file looking it over.

She saw the things that her father had wrote, things that he suspected Liv of. "She set someone on fire?" Harley questioned looking to her father. "She's done worse, I need you to do something for me, and I can't believe I'm asking this of you, but you clearly have an in with her that I don't."

She swallowed still looking at the file, she saw something about Liv cutting someone's fingers off one by one then choking the person with their own limbs. She quickly slammed the file shut, feeling sick. "What?" She questioned placing her right hand onto her stomach and her other over her mouth.

"Entrap her." She frowned. "What? Are you insane? You want me to entrap a fucking crime boss that made someone eat their own damn fingers!?" She whisper-yelled at him making him nod.

"I know, I know Harley, but I can't kill the investigation. I tried, my captain won't allow it. She'd be the biggest caller we'd get, I'd get promoted to sergeant."

"So, your willing to risk your daughters life for a fucking a job?"

"No, of course not! But what else can I do? With your help I can put her behind bars and keep you safe." He explained as Harley let out a sigh shaking her head.

"No, she isn't this person, I don't care what you say." She said trying to play the part of madly in love girlfriend. "This is her, she doesn't care about anyone other than herself. She's evil Harley." Bennett stated pointing to the file opening it once more to see a picture of Liv with her back to the camera standing in front of a burning vehicle, for anyone else they wouldn't be able to tell it was her, but Harley knew, she knew her body language.