Chapter One

"Excuse me. Miss!?" An elderly man called out to Harley Bennett through the sea of noisy customers. The young woman rushed towards the man with a small, but tired smile.

"Yes, sir. How can I help you?" Her tone was polite like always when talking to a customer. He looked up into her dark brown eyes with annoyance. "I've been waiting for my tea for twenty minutes now." He complained in an unpleasant tone.

She nodded looking around to see nothing, but a sea of people in the small café that she had been working at for two months now. "Oh okay I'm sorry sir. I'll get your tea for you and throw in a muffin if you like for your patience." She smiled at the rude man.

"Thank you." She understood that it could be frustrating not getting what you've ordered within a reasonable time frame, but when the café is as busy as it is today she thought maybe some customers would understand that there would be a delay in there orders after all it was only her and one other waitress on today.

She walked into the small kitchen that only had enough room for two people working in it. She saw Nick the cook standing over a pan frying some eggs and bacan. "Hey. Lunch rush still going on?" He questioned as Harley let out a sigh.

"Oh yes along with unhappy customers." She stated looking into his blue eyes as she moved towards the large tea and coffee machine grabbing the already warm pot and pouring the liquid into a cup. She placed it onto a black round tray along with a smaller tin that was filled with milk and a blueberry muffin before walking back out into the swarm of people standing at the counter the ones waiting for their to go foods and drinks.

Liz was behind the till dealing with it on her own, Harley couldn't help, but feel for her she must have been so stressed, but they only had one till, they needed more counters, more staff, more space even.

She placed the tray onto the older man's table with a smile. "Alright anything else for you, sir?" He looked up at her as if she was stupid for asking this question.

He put his arms out. "How about some sugar!" He said in a harsh tone causing Harley to take a deep breath in trying her hardest not to tell this man where he could go.

"It's on your table sir. Right there." She said kindly pointing to the sugar. He gave her a dirty look before swatting his hand at her telling her to leave. She took a deep breath in once again, but still never spoke up. "You got something you want to say!?" He spat.

"Enjoy your tea and muffin." She smiled. "Don't speak to my staff like that!" She turned to her left to see her boss and friend walking towards them. Olivia or Liv as she and the rest of the world calls her.

"Excuse me!" The man snapped at her as she raised her right eyebrow at him showing him she wasn't intimidated by him, Harley had only known Liv for roughly two months now and not once has she seen her scared nor has she backed down from anything that has been thrown at her.

"Keep raising your voice and I'll throw you out of my business. There's a way of speaking to people sir and the way you just spoke to my staff member is not it. So you can either apologize and finish your muffin or you can never step foot back into this café. Your choice." She stated.

The man swallowed looking up into her bright green eyes seeing that she wasn't messing around, she wasn't afraid to tell him what she really thought, then again neither was Harley, but you know the saying 'the customer is always right' whenever she thought of this saying she couldn't help but laugh.

He let out a sigh then looked to Harley. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have spoken to you in the manner I did." Harley gave him a smile. "Thank you."

"Enjoy your muffin and tea." Liv stated as she began to walk towards the office which was to the left of the till and just before the kitchen. "You didn't have to do that, you know." Harley said following her.