Chapter 60: Leon Vs Alain

Start from the beginning

Ash smiles a little, feeling the same way as Alain as he remarks "Yeah, that makes sense."

Alain nods before she further questions "So we are in agreement with Leon, so what about chairman Rose?"

Ash thinks for a second as he tries to find the words to describe the chairman. He places a complicated look on his face as he replies in an unsure tone "He seems fine from first glance. He seems to care about pokemon and has a passion for pokemon battles. But for some reason, I feel like his business man persona is a bit of cover for something different. It all just seems like a bit of an act and some of his excuses don't add up. For instance, what he said about Mr Goodshow. There's no way he would have stopped Leon batting any other champions, or stoped Galar from becoming an official Pokémon league. I don't know why, but Rose kind of reminds me of someone. However, I can't quite figure out who it is."

Alain places a serious look face as he snarls slightly at the words the are about to leave his mouth. He shakes his head in disgust as he states in a venomous tone "I know who he reminds me of, the man I detest above all others. Lysandre."

Ash's eyes widen in shock as he takes in Alain's point. He takes a second to think about it as he compares the two's personalities. After a few seconds, he realises that Alain has a point.

While on the surface the two are nothing alike, when you dig into it there is a clear resemblance. They both have multi billon dollar companies, they both have an overly convincing friendly act, they both come across as charismatic and are great at twisting their words. But the biggest comparison Ash can see, is there two right hand men so to speak. Alain and Leon are both young trainer's who have become champions. Both of them came from unprivileged backgrounds, they were taken in by their mentors as such and given aid towards their respective dreams. They both feel they have a debt towards that respective mentor, or at least they did.

Ash shakes off his thoughts for a second as he matches Alain's serious look. He nods in agreement with his rival and exclaims "Your right, so does that mean that chairman Rose has his own evil team?"

Alain nods and replies "It's a possibility, but I can't confirm anything yet. I have no evidence and there's no way we can act on suspicion alone."

Ash shakes his head a little, feeling a little stupid for accepting Rose's offer to compete in the Galar league. He looks up at Alain as he questions "So, I pull out of the Galar league and we go and take him down right?"

Alain shakes his head and replies in a measured tone "No, it's your dream to be a Pokémon master after all. To do that, you need to beat Leon and win the Galar league. Also, I need you as close to him and Rose as possible. I need you to find out as much as you can about their relationship and gather what evidence you can. That way, if he is who we think he is, we can take him out using what knowledge you've gained."

Ash takes a small sigh as he takes in Alain's statement before he replies "I see, it's not really the way I seen the league going but I guess it needs to be done."

Alain takes a sigh of his own before he continues "I hate to ask you to do this, but your the only one I trust with this. Your the only one who can get involved in this tournament and find what we need."

Ash shakes his head a little as he states with a small smile on his face "It's okay Alain, don't worry. You can count on me."

Suddenly, a producer pokes her head into the room and announces "Alain, 5 minute warning."

Alain nods in recognition of the statement as the producer exits the room.

Ash smiles at the sudden reminder of the upcoming battle as he exclaims "Well, it looks like it's battle time. I'll be going to my seat, Serena will be worried if I stay any longer. I'll be rooting for you though."