Chapter 59: Amour in Galar

Start from the beginning

Ash feels his smile grow in his face as he hears the kids words. It's nice to hear you've been an inspiration to someone, even if that's never been Ash's goal. Being a role model that young trainer's can stride to be like is part and parcel of being a champion. To hear that he is doing that for someone, is a good form of recognition.

Ash shakes his head a little as he replies in a modest tone "I'm not a hero kid. I'm just a guy who tries to do the right thing. I just like to have fun and battle with my Pokémon that's all."

The black haired boy shakes his head frantically and protests "You are a hero though! The way you and Greninja broke out of Lysandre's trap was so cool!"

Ash can't help but chuckle at the enthusiasm in this kid's voice. He shakes his head a little and exclaims "It was pretty cool I'll admit. But it was also pretty stupid of me to get caught in the first place. Try to stay out of trouble and don't get yourself in that situation, that's my advice."

The young trainer smiles and replies "Noted."

Ash smiles at the young trainer taking on his advice. While he may be the most reckless human being in the world, that doesn't mean other people have to act like that too. If he heard some kid tried to copy him and ended up getting hurt, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself.

As Ash looks at the kid though, he can't help but feel he looks somewhat familiar. He raise an eyebrow a little and questions "Can I ask you something?"

The kid nods in agreement and replies nonchalantly "Sure, go ahead."

Ash takes a breath before he asks "Were you the kid at Clemont's gym the other day? The one with the Chespin."

Upon hearing Ash's statement, the kids eyes widen in shock as he screams in a panic "Wait, you watched that!?"

Ash chuckles a little at the kid's reaction before he explains "Well not exactly, I walked in with my girlfriend just as the battle was about to end. All I saw was your Chespin take Clemont's last attack."

The boy can't help but feel a little embarrassed as he puts on a sheepish smile. He shakes his head a little as he replies "I can't believe all you saw was me lose."

Ash gives the young kid a reassuring smile before he exclaims in an upbeat tone "Well, losing is nothing to be a shamed of. I'll tell you a little secret not many people know. My first 4 gym battles, I didn't technically win. It wasn't until I rematched LT Surge that I actually won. I think your pretty strong for where you are as a trainer. Keeping working hard and strive to improve with your Pokémon. If you do that, you'll beat Clemont one day."

The kid hangs on every word possible as Ash gives him some advice. At the end, he beams a smile at his hero and exclaims "Thank you Mr Ketchum. I promise you that I'll do my best."

Ash smiles at the kid's enthusiasm and replies in a humble tone "You can just call me Ash."

The kid nods to his hero as he takes a small notebook out of his jacket pocket. He passed it towards the Alola champion and exclaims "Okay Ash, can you please sign my notebook? I promise I'll keep it and cherish it."

Ash place an inviting smile on to his face and replies "Sure."

He takes the notebook into his hands and and grabs a pen from his pocket. He raises an eyebrow towards the young trainer as he questions "So, who do you want me to make this out to?"

The young trainer places a bright expecting smile on his face as he exclaims "You can make this out to....

"Calem! I told you we have to leave!"

Suddenly, the young trainer is interrupted by a loud shout that fills the hallways.

Ash looks up at the sudden shout as he sees someone approaching them. What he sees is a well built tall man, wearing a white suit. His long honey blonde hair is slicked back into pony tail and his eyes are a light shade of blue.