chapter 14

Y/N, Noelle, and Xiao rushed over to the school. As soon as Noelle parked, they all dashed out of the car to meet up with the others. The white-haired male perked up when he saw them, standing up off the pole he was leaning on. Sara was already standing upright next to Yoimiya. Scaramouche was holding a strange book that Y/N did not dare question.

"The office is a short walk from here. We must hurry." Kazuha said, immediately beginning to walk over. The rest followed him. A tense air fell over them as they navigated through hallways and classes.

Reaching a familiar brown door, the group heard muffled voices coming from inside. Y/N put her ear up to the door, and as she heard a familiar voice, she knocked at the door.

--

"Look, we've already told you, we don't remember a single thing that occurred. If it was just one of us saying this, it would obviously be a lie, but don't you find it weird that the exact same thing happened to two different students?" Heizou argued.

Ayaka's once-calm features were now displaying a look of panic and confusion. She didn't remember a single thing that happened, and worse, she hurt Hu Tao.

"How do we know that both of you aren't lying? For all we know, you could've planned this..." A loud knock could be heard, making Ms. Paimon pause. "I don't remember telling anyone else to come..."

Mr. Morax moved to open the door, and as he opened it, his eyes widened. Before him, stood an unlikely group of students. Y/N stood at the front of them all, quietly greeting the teacher.

"This is a closed discussion, I'm sorry students." He stated, trying to close the door.

Xiao held the door open, looking up at the teacher. "It's important. We know that Heizou and Ayaka are innocent."

Flashback:

"That's stupid. How the hell is being weak a good thing?" Xiao said skeptically.

Morax set his mug down, looking up from his newspaper. "Being weak in certain moments is acceptable. For example, if one of your siblings ever got hurt and you couldn't prevent it, it would be weird to put on a brave face and remain stoic. Sometimes, it's okay to let it out."

"Tears never fix anything." Despite Morax's words, Xiao remained firm about his stance on weakness.

But Morax continued. "Tears help you mourn and grieve. They help you heal. They helped me."

"Oh... right. I'm sorry, dad." Xiao didn't mean to refer to Morax as a father figure. He was nothing but a caretaker. Golden eyes widened, and apologies flooded from his mouth. "Shit, I didn't mean to call you that--"

"It's alright, son."

Flashback End.

Mr. Morax stared at Xiao for a moment. His determined face, the way he clutched at his jacket. Firm eyes turned into softer ones, as he stepped out of the way.

"Just what is this?!" Ms. Baal's eyes widened.

Scaramouche stormed into the room, finding an empty area on the large table. Slamming the book down with his hand, he looked up at everyone. "It wouldn't be proper to overlook this piece of information we found. So..."

"We believe that paranormal activity occurred on Tuesday." Kazuha finished the indigo-haired male's sentence, moving to stand beside him.

All the faculty looked at the group of students in shock. But, Yoimiya continued. "Heizou would never harm someone like that! A while back... something like this happened with Heizou. But he swore that he would never do something like that again! Why would he willingly do something that hurts just for him to think about?!"