chapter 12

Monday, 12:01 AM.

Heizou scanned through the letters Cyno had sent him continuously. Tighnari had sent him more messages for the past few days, which Cyno couldn't understand.

He was beginning to piece things together, slowly. Tighnari was doing a research project for Nahida's class, relating to dreams and samsaras. The boy accidentally ran across a file that had something to do with someone at this school. This file had something to do with Albedo, an impending event, and some other unknown person. Tighnari, with the new info, tried to contact Cyno before getting brutally assaulted by the culprit.

Heizou deduced that the culprit must've blackmailed or threatened Tighnari into being silent until their plan was complete, which was for an unknown amount of time. Albedo transferred to the school a few days before this happened, and nobody else transferred after or before him, meaning that it was one of the current teachers or students at this school.

With the evidence given, Heizou immediately began making a suspect list. He needed to work fast, or else something bad could happen.

Watching his phone light up with a notification, he almost instantly rushed towards it and opened his phone.

~

Unknown Number

Unknown Number
Stop what you're doing, Shikanoin Heizou.
I don't want to hurt you too.
And don't even think of reporting this phone number to the cops, I'm using a fake one. You wouldn't want to get an innocent person arrested, would you?

Heizou
i have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, stranger.

Unknown Number
You want to play this game?
Okay, fine. Let's play a few games.
I have a mathematical question for you, and considering you're one of the top students at the Academy of Inazuma's Finest, I'm sure you will have no problems solving it.
Say that, as of now, I am fairly close to Y/N L/N's house and I am carrying one gun on me, and two knives. I know that she's in her house right now, because the light is on. I kick her door down, and rush to her room. Using my two knives, I stab her repeatedly and then shoot her dead. How long would it take for me to do this, assuming that I am only a few miles from her house?

Heizou
you manipulative bitch
you're too much of a fucking coward that you're going to use someone close to me as some sort of weapon?
also how do you know im investigating anything?

Unknown Number
One thing you will learn about this world, Heizou, is that there is always someone smarter than you.
And as of now, that person is me.
Unless you want your precious Y/N's heart to meet my blade, you will confiscate all of the evidence you have, block whoever requested you to investigate this, and forget that Tighnari ever existed.

Heizou
the real question is, what would you get out of killing Y/N?
this is the only threat you have against me. if i asked you to kill Y/N so i could continue investigating this case and find out your identity, how would that benefit you?
if anything, you would accidentally leave more evidence behind and draw more suspicion. and do you really want to kill? you didn't even kill tighnari.

Unknown Number
Well, I can't expect less from the smartest detective in school.
What if I told Y/N about the incident regarding you and Albedo?
That one day you almost became a murderer.