chapter 3

"I totally take that back. You two are so cute together!" Hu Tao squealed.

Xiao had Y/N at his side, concerned for her. "You should've called out for me instead of getting lucky like that, I would've hit him so hard."

"I'm so sorry, Y/N!" Noelle cried out, hugging her. "We shouldn't have left you alone like that!"

"It's okay, Noelle!" Y/N patted the back of Noelle's head. "I'm fine now, and that's all that matters."

"Did you sleep well?" Ayaka asked.

She paused, realizing how she slept like a baby in the night. "I did.."

"We'll be diving into Sumeru's history in this unit." Mr. Morax said. "The goal by the end of this unit is for all of you to be able to recite all the events that happened in Sumeru from the beginning of time, to today."

Y/N would normally be falling asleep in this class, yet today she was wide awake. She was attentive and took notes in Mr. Morax's lecture.

Until a paper hit the back of her head and landed in front of her.

slept well, firefly?

On all the days..

You just keep making more and more observations, Sherlock.

She scribbled down, before discretely tossing it back at Heizou. Looking back at the board, she continued to take notes.

Until the next one came.

i want to know all about u, n/n. is it truly so wrong to be worried about the girl i care for?

Stop with the sweet talk. We both know you don't mean that. Don't you have a million girls swarming you? Pick one of them.

i don't care for them. i care for u!!! we just went over this :(

Pay attention in class more.

Y/N sighed, directing her attention towards the board once again.

As school got out for the weekend, Y/N could hear the others making their weekend plans with friends. She mainly spent the weekend studying and reading in her room, so she had no space in her life for such trivial activities.

"N/N, do you wanna go to the rollerskating rink?"

The familiar voice made her want to punch a wall. "Why do you keep talking to me?! What indicated that we were friends?"

"The way you look at me, so fondly. You're not sneaky." Heizou scoffed. "Also, you're letting me call you N/N."

He was right. She was getting too comfortable with him. "Whatever, I have to study over the weekend."

"Study what? You've practically milked every textbook in the world dry! Take a break, won't you?" He pleaded. His poor attempt at puppy dog eyes made Y/N stifle a laugh.

"Fine. I'll go. Text me the details."

"Yay!"

Y/N had spent a good chunk of time getting ready, to her surprise. A light pink pleated skirt and a blue graphic cropped tee was the outfit she had decided on.

"Y/N, where are you going?" B/N asked, seeing her grabbing her phone and keys.

"Rollerskating." Her brief answer confused her brother.