CHAPTER 2| Found.

Start from the beginning

I open my eyes to someone suddenly shaking me just to immediately close it back again because of the bright light.

"Shit, what do you want?" I groan in annoyance. That was one of the best sleeps I've had in a while.

"Sorry Azalea, but we have to talk about some.. stuff." A voice that I didn't recognize said, seemingly hesitating at the end.

Hearing this, I was 100% awake, praying that they didn't look around Stefano's house and find his drugs and stuff, cause if they did, they'd more-than-likely tell my orphanage owner and they'd think I'm a broken or something.
Which, I wouldn't call myself.. 'broken', but I'm not really fixed either. Probably a bit of both?

"Azalea?"

"Oh, yeah- sorry, so what happened?" I ask.

"Let's talk inside, hm?"

To that, I nod and ascend from the seat I had sat in.

After trailing close behind him for a few minutes, we reached a room. I glance around and see a mirror, 2 chairs and a desk in the centre with papers in a neat pile.

I shoot her a questioning look but she just smiles and points towards the seat whilst making her way to the other one that sat right infront.

After a few minutes of waiting, she finally starts,"Well, for starters, I am Emma Johnson, your social worker. But Azalea, there are some things we need to discuss. Good or bad news first?"

"Uh.. Good?" I state, as a more  questioning way that intended.

"Alright, well, we found your biological family, and your brother has agreed to take custody of you! He'll be arriving tomorrow morning."

I'll admit I was most certainly shocked about this new information. Why was he taking custody of me? Like no offense, but why not my parents?

"Alright, now bad news. There are no official or certified documents that state 'Stefano Taylor' is your father. You were kidnapped at birth by him, and your bio family have been looking for you ever since."

To this, I gasp with my eyes wide.

Who new your day could get 10x worse with a little speech?

Also, what the hell? Why would he kidnap me out of all people?

I placed my hand in my forehead and started rubbing to try to ease the headache I was getting.

I can't believe I actually felt pity for Stefano. I really let him abuse me because he was my 'father' and he 'probably had something going on.'

I feel so.. dumb.  So.. gullible. I don't want to believe anything  else right now. My entire life was a lie.

Tears run down my cheeks for the second time today.

I just cry.

The last thing I remember was Emma hugging me before I cried myself to sleep.
__________________________________

"Azalea! Your brother, he's here!" 

"Alright, 1 minute," I groaned, running my hand through my hair.

Looking up, I'm met with a masculine face staring down at me with no emotions, though if you looks real closely, you can see a hint of adoration glimmering in his deep blue eyes.

I shoot him a quick smile, expecting him to say something, like introduce himself.

"Hello, Azalea. I'm Giovanni, your oldest brother. You'll be coming with me on our ride back home." He informs me.

"Okay, Giovanni, I'm Azalea, your youngest sister; I think you already know that," I reply, chuckling at myself.

Suddenly, he stretches his arm out, offering me a hand. And just my luck, this causes me to flinch, hard.

Shit.

"Oh crap," I mutter under my breath, looking down.

After a few seconds, I take his hand and smile in acknowledgement, pretending that never happened, cause it didn't, right?

I dust imaginary dirt off my sweater to try and ease the tension before looking up.

He looked concerned.

Very, very concerned.

Can't lie, I'd be too..

Luckily, a few officers bid their goodbyes to me, thankfully taking the spotlight off me and.. Giovanni.

"Azalea, we'll miss you. Make sure to not do too much racing there too," Officer Thomas whispers to me, smiling.

He was the guy that'd always bail me out whenever I got caught Street-racing.

Street racing is the only illegal thing I do, and I simply do it for 2 things: The adrenaline rush you get whilst police officers are speeding after you and 2, for fun - stuff to cure my boredom when Stefano was out cold, or outside, not hitting me or some messed up shit.

Oh and of course, 'extra money'. I've saved up.. basically a living for one person, so far.
__________________________________

2nd chapter! Sorry it took so long, stupid school and stuff.

Make sure to vote and comment!<3