Chapter 48: A Champions Coronation

Start from the beginning

The crowd roar in support of their champion as Alain turns around to sit with the rest of the champions and the rest of Ash's friends.

Ash beams a smile at the crowds reaction as he takes in the overwhelming support he's receiving. He points towards the stage and orders "Charizard, set us down on the stage." Charizard let's off a roar of approval before swooping down towards the stage with such skill that it causes the crowd to get even louder with their cheers. Charizard lands on the stage rather gracefully for such a large Pokémon, as he lowers his head for the rest to depart.

Ash leaps off Charizard first with Pikachu still on his shoulder. He looks up towards his girlfriend and helps Serena down by taking her hand in his. She smiles at Ash's gentlemanly gesture before she takes a step away from Ash to go and sit with the rest of their friends.

While she'd love to stay with Ash the whole time, there was the risk of taking away his shine. She didn't want to steal his spotlight when they were there to celebrate his achievements. Plus there was the small fact that they were in public. While they both knew they wanted to reveal their relationship back at the Alola league, a lot had changed since then. While their relationship is the worst kept secret in the world at this point. Serena still doesn't know if Ash is comfortable with confirming it now and she's not going to take a risk which could ruin their night.

However, before she can walk any further, Ash pulls her back gently, pulling her back towards him. He looks into her eyes with a reassuring smile on his face as he exclaims "Serena, we're a couple right? That means we share our achievements. I want us to do this together because we achieved it together. I'm not letting you leave my side."

Serena feels her heart warm at Ash's reasoning. She doesn't reply to him directly, mostly because she is still a little short of breath from her injuries. She just smiles again and nods to him in an approving manner. If he wants her with him during his big moment she wasn't going to disagree. In truth it's exactly what she'd want if the situation was reversed. It only makes sense to accept the award together because they both know that their success is always down to each other.

Ash gives Serena his toothy grin she loves so much before he unclips 6 pokeballs from his belt. He throws all 6 up into the air as he releases his Alola league winning team to join the festivities.

With his team following close behind, Ash first walks past the champions and friends ace Pokémon to greet them. Ash shakes hands and introduces Serena to a few of them he'd met before. Ash's Pokémon follow suit as they introduce themselves to the other pokemon. Overall they are pretty friendly to one and other a few recognise each over as rivals as they share harsh glares, such as the two Incineroar's. As Ash's Charizard passes by Alain's he makes sure to size him up for a second, interested in this other Charizard's power.

Ash makes his way past all the pokemon until he reaches the last one. The last Pokémon Ash passes by just so happens to be his own ace pokemon, Greninja.

Ash smiles at Greninja and remarks in a slightly apologetic tone "I'm glad you could come Greninja, I'm sorry I kinda lied about not going to the celebration. Serena kinda forced me to go. Not like she was wrong to, Serena always has the best ideas." Ash looks back at Serena and steals a glance at her before moving his attention back to Greninja.

Greninja nods and replies in a knowing tone "I had a feeling that might happen. There was no way she was letting you miss this for her. She loves you to much for that."

Ash smiles at his ninja frog Pokémon's comment and exclaims "Join on the back Greninja, I know you didn't compete in the Alola league but this celebration is for defeating team rainbow rocket too and you were the biggest reason I was able to do that."