Chapter 34 - mango yoghurt bread

Author's note: I don't know what happened to other chapter 34 and I can't remember what it was even about, maybe it only existed in my imagination. Anyway, enjoy this completely irrelevant chapter in this plotless story that is going absolutely nowhere. :) have a random picture of Trent.

 :) have a random picture of Trent

"Dad, what are you doing? That's for my smoothie bowls!" Trent cried as he entered the kitchen.

"I'm making dinner tonight," Alex exclaimed, his face and hands coated in flour, yoghurt streaked down the front of his shirt.

"Using my mango yoghurt?" Trent asked.

"Well, yeah, it just says yoghurt so this is all I could find," Alex said with a shrug and continued kneading the yoghurt with the flour. "Is your sister coming? She hasn't texted me back."

"I dunno," Trent murmured, still staring aghast at his precious yoghurt.

"Is she still a vego?" Alex asked casually.

Trent almost choked. "I don't think she would ever stop being vegetarian," he said, "just because she's eating—"

"Trent, I know you got more of your mum's genes but can you open that?" Alex interrupted, pointing to the jar of mango chutney on the bench.

Warily, Trent picked up the jar. "Alright, I'll try," he said, wishing not for the first time that he had his dad's biceps. He twisted the jar with all his might, straining hard.

Just as sweat was pouring down Trent's face, Tracey waltzed in with Ginni.

"Oh Ginni, can you..." Trent pleaded, holding out the jar to his best friend.

But Tracey just plucked the jar from her brother and unscrewed it with a slight flick of her wrist. "There you go, kid," she said jovially.

"Trace wears the pants in this relationship," Ginni said with a smirk.

"I have to, you took all my skirts," Tracey countered lightly.

"Hey Tracey, good to see you," Alex greeted, elbows deep in flour and yoghurt goo. "At least I passed on my muscles to someone."

Tracey grinned while Trent just wished the ground would open so he could slide down and join his mum in hell.

"I'm making flatbread with chutney and egg," Alex said proudly, still pushing flour and yoghurt goo around the bench.

"Is that supposed to be bread?" Tracey asked, raised eyebrows at the mess Alex was making.

"It will be," Alex answered. "You kids go play, this looks like it'll be awhile."

Trent, Tracey and Ginni just looked at each other before Ginni yelled "let's play penis or not penis!" and ran to Trent's bedroom, his girlfriend and best friend following him uncertainly.