27. Hotshot

Charlie's POV

"And this is for changing the gears." Ace finished explaining the basic steps to riding a motorcycle, for the third time.

We have been at this for hours, long enough to regret my decision to want to learn how to ride this stupid death machine.

The old Charlie would have never wanted to ride this thing.

But, thankfully, the old Charlie is gone.

"You've already explained it three times now, I'm ready." I tell him.

I was overly confident.

"Well excuse me for making sure you know what you're doing so you don't crash, or run over an old lady."

"I think you're just stalling because you're afraid I'll be a better rider than you." I joked.

"Pshhh. Yeah right." He gets off of the motorcycle and hands me his helmet. "Go on then, hotshot."

I eagerly take the helmet and seat myself on his motorcycle. I put the helmet on my head and click in the strap before adjusting myself into a comfortable position.

"Don't forget to-"

"I got it!" I tell him.

I take a deep breath before starting the engine and slowly easing off.

Oh my god.

I'm doing it!

I'm actually doing it!

I slowly drive down the driveway. I pause to see if the coast was clear before I make a left turn into the street.

I agreed that I would only take it for a drive down the street, around the roundabout and then come back to the house.

At first, I'm riding slow, my insides twisting with nervousness. This was all too thrilling!

I change gears and drive faster. Then faster.

The wind is piercing coldly against my face, like an arctic blizzard.

I slow down at the roundabout and head back to the house.

"WOOOHOOOO!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

When I arrive back to the house, I put the motorcycle back into neutral and slow down, parking it where it was before I left. I set it on it's stand and hop off with a big smile on my face.

"That was amazing!" I beamed.

"We might have to race each other one day." Says Ace, leaning in for a kiss.

His lips are nice and soft.

"Quit being gay for each other and get your asses inside." Ella interrupted. "Lunch is ready."

Our lips parted. "She's so bossy." Whispered Ace.

"Tell me about it." I take off the helmet and set it on the bike.

Ace takes my hand in his and we start towards the door.

"We should do something tonight." He suggested.

"We could have a movie night. Ella said she's always wanted to have a Fast and Furious marathon, but then we never ended up doing it."

"I mean just you and I."

"Oh. Like a date?" I wonder.

"Yeah, like a date."

"Okay." I smiled. "Sounds nice."

~

Later that night, Ace and I went to a restaurant of his choice.

It looked far too fancy-pants for us. Well, for me, anyways. I think we can all establish by now that Ace Caldwell was born to two rich parents, who, if I say so myself, are seemingly bad parents.