6. Nice to Meet You

Charlie's POV

After changing into an outfit that was good enough to wear in society, I made my way downstairs.

As I reached the first floor, I was met with a swarm of liquored-up teenagers dancing to the music that was playing at a not-so-loud but not-so-quiet volume through the speakers.

A girl with bright blue hair danced towards me, a coy smile on her face as her breasts connected with my chest.

I get that alcohol can make you do some dumb things, but why in the hell is there a random girl I've never met before shoving her boobs in my face right now?

I gave a polite smile and attempted to shrug her out of my way. She was persistent and began to trace down my arms with her hands.

I rolled my eyes, taking a step back from her before walking around her towards the living room area.

I hope that girl finds another guy to dance on, maybe this time she'll find one that isn't gay and doesn't mind the view of cleavage.

I scanned the room for a familiar face, hoping to see anyone that I know. Then I did a double scan, then a triple scan, and I couldn't find anyone that I could place.

I let out a frustrated groan before heading to the kitchen to pour myself a drink.

I couldn't find a clean and unused plastic cup, so I dug into the cabinets and reached for a mug. Then I reached for the closest bottle of liquor and began to pour.

The label of the bottle read Vodka.

What goes well with vodka? I asked myself before reaching for a bottle of lemonade.

Guess this will have to do.

After pouring myself a drink, I downed a massive sip of it, grimacing at the strong perfumed taste.

So far, Los Angeles was beginning to feel a little lonely. All of a sudden I've become the odd man out. I mean, sure, I was the one stuck upstairs in my room reading Fifty Shades of Grey while everyone else was having a blast. But then Tom came upstairs at the behest of Ella and asked me to come downstairs and join them. Well, it only took a few minutes to get changed, but here I am, downstairs, and not a single one of my friends in sight.

I was quick to finish my drink before eagerly pouring another one. Afterwards, I turned abruptly to head out to the back to see if my friends were out there, only to be met with somebody's cup of alcohol all over my shirt, along with my own cup of vodka and lemonade.

Great day to be Charlie Harrington, huh.

With eyes closed, I inhaled a deep breath before letting out an annoyed sigh. And I had no idea why but my eyes were beginning to water.

Do not cry, Charlie Harrington.

It's just stupid alcohol!

"I am so sorry." The stranger apologised to me over the music.

"It's okay." I said, inhaling a breath to calm myself.

It's just alcohol, Charlie, calm down.

Will it stain my shirt? Probably. Will it smell awful? Yes, most definitely.

But I will be totally fine, it's not like I'll melt at the mere touch of liquor.

I'll just have to remember to shower before bed, or risk waking up smelling like a bar.

I turned back around to refill my mug, again.

"Wait, let me." The stranger insisted.

He reached for two unused plastic cups in the cabinet beneath and plopped them down on the countertop. He reached for the vodka and began to pour in each of the cups. Then, he made his way to the freezer, which was now stocked with bags of ice, and grabbed a handful of ice cubes and equally divided them into each of the cups. Then, he proceeded to pour cranberry juice? Yes, cranberry juice into the cups, then he reached for grapefruit juice, poured some of that in, and lastly, he poured a bit of lemon juice into the cup before handing it to me.

"Trust me, this will taste amazing." He assured me.

Or it will kill me.

I cautiously took a sip from the cup, completely surprised at the variety of different tastes. My tongue was met with a citrusy and sweet taste that smoothed itself down my throat.

"Not bad." I noted after giving a satisfactory nod.

"Told you." He smiled.

I returned the smile before an arm slumped around my shoulder.

"There you are." Ace said.

"Ace?" The stranger raised his eyebrows.

Ace's arm fell from my shoulder as he took in the stranger. "Sam?"

So they know each other? Good to know.

"It's been awhile." The stranger whose name was Sam stated.

"Yeah." Ace walked forward and gave him a firm handshake before pulling him into a hug.

"I see you've met my uh, friend Charlie." Ace said to him.

There's that word again.

"Nice to meet you, Charlie." Sam smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you too." I gave a half smile before taking a massive gulp of whatever Sam had mixed into my cup.

"Easy there." Ace warned me.

In response, I downed the rest of my drink.

Clayton's POV

My lips collided passionately with hers as my hands traced the back of her neck.

Her hands tugged at my shirt, pulling it upwards.

I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it on the floor, leaning in to kiss her again with passion.

I wanted her...

Before our lips could collide, she placed her finger on my lips, stopping me in my tracks.

I smirked at her, biting my bottom lip.

"What?" I wondered.

"No one can know about this." Adelaide warned, her green eyes burning into mine.

"I'm down with being your dirty secret." I smiled.

She returned the smile before pulling me back into a hot and steamy kiss.

I wanted her...

I needed her...