11. Santa Monica Pier

Charlie's POV

As predicted, Ella had created an itinerary for this summer.

She had created it on her phone, then texted it to everyone in a group text. It wasn't half as bad as I had expected it to be.

"What about the museum?" I asked her, looking through her detailed plan.

"Nobody wants to walk around and look at relics." Ella says.

"Uh, I do."

"Of course you do. You are such a dork." Ace added.

"You're all simply uncultured." I retorted.

"Museum actually sounds kinda cool." Adelaide said.

"Did you, Adelaide Caldwell, seriously just describe a museum as cool?" Ace quirked an eyebrow. "What happened to 'I only like punk rock shows and dark denim?' Huh? Have you gone all soft on us?"

"Call me soft again and I'll break your face."

Sheesh. Remind me never to get on her bad side.

I read over today's itinerary, which had only one thing jotted down in bold letters. Santa Monica Pierrrr!!!

"I can't wait!" Ella beamed.

"I'll text the others to join us." Adelaide says.

"Oh my god, yes!" Ella said, her tone all enthusiastic.

By others, she clearly meant Nevaeh, Isaiah and Allegra.

Why didn't Ace tell me about their past? I am not being dramatic, nor will I be jealous of them. Okay, no promises on that last part. Ace shouldn't feel obligated to tell me all about his past, but it would have been nice to receive a heads up about his summer fling, who just so happened to look like she was a professional model on a runway.

By the time we had arrived to the Santa Monica Pier, all I wanted to do was go back to the house and read a book. I know, how boring of me.

I'm trying my best to not be the guy that just sits at home when on vacation. It's lame.

However, I don't even get a say in the things that we will be doing this summer, so maybe I should just stay home, pull up a chair on the beach and read.

"Let's take a group photo!" Ella ordered. She's turning into a summer vacation mother hyped up on caffeine.

"Yessssss!" Nora says.

"Excuse me, sir! Can you take some photos of us?" Ella called out to a passerbyer. He paused and nodded his head kindly at her.

"Okay, take at least twenty." Ella ordered him.

I rolled my eyes.

We all got into formation. I was stuck between Ryan and Clayton, meanwhile Ace was, of course, standing next to Allegra.

No, Charlie. Quit being jealous.

They're just friends....

He's dating you.

Even as I thought it, I still couldn't believe that Ace and I were actually dating. Though, I guess it didn't really feel that way right now.

I put on my best smile for the photos.

After the guy was kind enough to take photos of us, we all began to walk further down the pier.

"Hi." Sam says, walking beside me.

"Hey." I said to him.

"Why do you look so sad? Do you not like carnival rides?" He wondered.

"They make me nauseous." I answered. "But, I like them-ish."

"So why so glum?"

I looked over to Ace and Allegra. They were the reason why.

I wonder why Ace was so reluctant to tell them? Is it because he thinks they wouldn't accept him? That makes no sense, Isaiah is openly bisexual. Right? I'm sure I heard Ryan talking about it.

The only reason I could think of, and I hate myself for even suggesting it, but I think it might be because he want to look like he's single.

"No reason." Was my response.

It was time to quit wallowing and just be happy.

"So, should we all pair up?" Ella asked us.

"Sure, that will make it easier." Nevaeh says.

"Well, I'm with Tommy. Obviously." Ella smiles. "Ryan and Isaiah can buddy up." She gives Ryan a sly wink.

Classic Ella, the matchmaker.

"What do you say? Pairs?" Ace asked me. I hadn't even realised he was right beside me, nor did I realise he had stopped conversing with his former summer fling.

"I was actually going to pair up with Sam." I responded.

Crap, Charlie. What are you doing?

Just pair up with your boyfriend, you lunatic.

His face fell slightly, before his jaw clenched.

"I'll buddy up with Ace." Allegra says, putting an arm around his shoulder.

Of course you will, wannabe pick me.

There I go again with the jealousy.

"Shall we go on the rollercoaster first?" Sam asked me.

I was too busy watching Ace as he walked away with Allegra to reply.

"Earth to Charlie." Sam waved his hand in front of my eyes.

"Oh, uh... sure." I smiled, my eyes still lingering on Ace's back.

______________

Another short chapter, I'm sorry. I've been really busy.

I've decided to take a few weeks off from writing to focus on my mindset. Hopefully after my short break I will have the inspiration to write again and release more often for you guys.

I'm really sorry for being so late with updates, with work and studying, my life is a full on mess.

But I love you guys so much, and I will back shortly with brand new chapters :)