7. Allegra

Ace's POV

Charlie had already finished off five cups of alcohol within my presence, all in the span of a half hour.

The more I tell him to slow down, the faster he drinks. He's clearly pissed off at me for some reason.

"This is my favourite song!" Charlie announced, standing up on the sofa.

It was a song by his favourite artist, Lana Del Rey, this much I knew. He listened to her constantly, I almost know all the lyrics just from hearing him sing them.

"Sit down before you hurt yourself." I told him.

Of course, drunk Charlie Harrington is outright stubborn.

Most of the party left to gather around the bonfire, so the house was much less populated now.

Charlie stumbled and almost fell behind the couch. If I hadn't gripped his arm, he would have.

After steadying him, I pulled him downwards. "Sit down." I warned him.

He complied, his face falling at the hint of anger in my tone as he defeatedly slumped down into the space next to me.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

He shoved my hand from his arm and stood up, making his way towards the kitchen, probably to get drink number six.

"Let's play a game, now." Ella encouraged.

"Oooh, a game sounds lovely." Adelaide stated, appearing out of nowhere.

"What game?" Tom wondered.

I was too busy keeping an eye on Charlie to bother continuing to listen to them. That's when a familiar voice called out my nickname.

"Oh my god! Acey?!" A shrill voice called over the dramatic ending of whatever song was just playing.

I stood up. "Allegra?"

Charlie's POV

"Allegra?" I heard Ace's voice from where I had just mixed another drink.

I turned to see that he was talking to an unfamiliar girl. She was dressed to impress, perfect wavy hair trickling down her shoulders. This may be the alcohol talking, but she had a very radiant presence about her.

I might be gay, but I can't tell when a girl is attractive, and this girl was definitely attractive.

She embraced Ace with a hug, along with a kiss on the cheek.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they're probably more than old friends.

"Allegra?" Adelaide called out, standing up from her place on the couch and embracing the girl. "So good to see you." Adelaide said.

The next song that began to play made it so I couldn't hear anything further.

"What'd I miss?" Clayton wondered as he appeared beside me, pouring himself a cup of whiskey. I turned to look at him. His hair was messy, as was his shirt.

"A button." I responded, inclining my head to his shirt.

He quickly readjusted his shirt.

At least someone is having fun.

I took my cup and decided to head down to the bonfire where the main party now was. Clayton followed behind me, loudly slurping from his drink.

"Where are we going?" He wondered, stepping beside me.

"To the bonfire." I said.

"Cool." Was all he said.

When we arrived down to the beach, Clayton started towards Ryan, who was seated on the sand next to Isaiah.