dead and exhausted

Start from the beginning

I stayed quiet for a little while before speaking, "What if the thing that.. killed my friend came for me?" I said quietly. Toby stopped and his expression softened, going to slight concern.

"W-what makes you think that It would attack you?" He asked with a worried look in his eyes. There was the low rumble of thunder in the distance. And the small sounds of dripping water echoed through the trees. There was silence between us before I found the words to speak. "I feel like there's something dark watching me. It's not just like, some bad person, it's like the embodiment of fear" I said in broken sentences.

"If I'm going t-to be completely honest..." Toby started, "I know what you're talking about". I looked at him feeling a little less alone in the situation. But also with the suspicion he didn't really know what I was talking about. "Really?" I questioned in a interested tone.

Toby nodded, "What you're feeling is a d-dark presence that only has malicious intent" he said nonchalantly as of he's been though this situation several times. "J-just like this forest, it feels like there's all eyes on you" he continued. Thunder rumbled in the background loudly for a moment before calming down again.

"What you're being chased by is n-not even close to human..." he said narrowing his eyes slightly. He didn't once break eye contact, "It is a being of terror and pain"

Toby's pov:

I felt like I instantly regretted telling her everything. The look on her face suggested she felt the impending doom like no other. If she was telling the truth, that she saw It, then I guess she couldn't go back. But she certainly couldn't stay here, not in this forest. This was the territory of It, hundreds and hundreds go missing here every year. I was just lucky to not have to worry about that.

"You can't stay.. here.. in this forest" I told her. I let go of her wrist, "You have to leave a-and go far, far away from here. Y-you have to forget about me, forget about the f-forest, and forget about everything you've been t-through since we've met" I said sternly, even though it wasn't a good feeling to want her to leave. Actually the feeling was horrible, but if it ensured her being safe then I guess it's worth it.

She looked at me puzzled, "I won't be able to just forget all of this, that's impossible". "Its n-not impossible, I mean I forgot almost my entire childhood and I turned out just fine" I said gesturing to myself. She looked at me with bewildered eyes and the silence was terrible. "Okay well not completely fine but I turned out alright, even if I do have a few screws loose..." I added.

"Sure.." y/n said crossing her arms, "wouldn't I still be in danger if I left?". She looked around, "And even if I didn't manage to leave, that would take a while and would leave plenty of time to be caught" Y/n remarked. I looked at her feeling a but annoyed she found a way around my plan. "I-I guess you will have t-to stay with me until you are safe..." I said readjusting my mask.

"Stay with you? Are you crazy or something?" Y/n said putting her hands in her jacket pockets. The corner of my mouth twitched slightly, "I m-might he a little bit.. but are you really going to hold that against me?". I leaned down to be eye to eye with her and put my hands on my knees for the extra balance.

"So what d-do ya say? You can stay in the forest, and I'll l-leave you alone. Or you can c-come with me and I can protect you" I said not breaking eye contact. She looked at me in an annoyed way and I already knew the answer. But I wanted her to say it.

"Well what's it gonna be?" I asked tilting my head. She huffed, "Fine.. I'll go with you" she said crossing her arms. I smirked slightly under my mask before picking her up and tossing her onto my shoulder. "AH! HEY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" Y/n yelled as she tried to squirm away, "PUT ME DOWN! I CAN WALK YOU KNOW!".