chapter 16: ethereal

.
ethereal
(n.) something beyond this world,
heaven or universe

) something beyond this world,heaven or universe

.

TW: fighting

(A/N): this is officially my longest chapter yet with a whopping 2,500+ words! Updates will come slower now since I'm trying to put more effort and detail. I mainly edit and write on my phone so the spelling and grammar might be rough. I'm also planning to rewrite the beginning chapters of this book one day because of how fast I wrote them in the first place. They're messy, but I want to focus on new chapters for this book and paradise.
Also, go hype up @ProbablyNotFromEarth 's book called: The Love Side of a Heartrender: Born to Chase Volcra

===============================

It was a normal morning. The birds were singing their song, and the trees were dancing with the wind.
   The rush of leaves flying together could make you feel like you were next to the ocean.
Everything seemed at peace out in the woods. No noise, no fighting, no anger— only the sound of your own breath— and apparently Jay Walker.

"Hellllppp! Get it off, get it off!"
   Lyzzie sighed as she set down her mug of coffee on the fence post she was just leaning on.
     So much for a relaxing morning.
Lyzzie walked slowly, with no rush, back into the cabin. She walked into Jays bedroom and saw him on top of his dresser.
   "Uh, Jay?" Lyz asked with a piqued tone. "I heard screaming, what's going on?"

"There's a hugeeee spider on my back! I electrocuted it and it didn't even die!" He said panting and trying to wiggle the tarantula off of his back.
    "Hey- hey! Careful with him! That's my pet spider. His name is The Spindler." Lyzzie said as she picked up her pet with ease and total relaxation in her muscles. Jay brushed off his flannel shirt. "Ewww! How disgusting. Who would name a spider? They deserve to be outdoors, not inside my house!"

Lyzzie sent him an offended look. "You'd think a couple would be supportive of each other, Jay."
  Jay groaned. "- and you would think that a couple wouldn't hide anything from each other, Lyz."
      She gaped at his response. "Oh that's how it's gonna' be then." Lyzzie put her spider in its terrarium and went outside. She sat on the bench on the patio.
Lyzzie sighed as she put her palms over her eyes. "Maybe I should bake a cake for his birthday- but then he's been a jerk lately, so.."
   She flinched when she heard a rustle in the trees above her. The rustling of the leaves was followed by a loud thump and a groan.
"Who's out there?!"

A moment of silence passed by.
.
A man with shaggy black hair emerges from the pile of leaf. Lyzzie jumped back, but her stance was ready for a fight. "Who are you?"

"You may fall from a bicycle, you may fall from a tree....
But the best way to fall..........is in love with me."

Lyzzie opens her mouth in amusement; but also in shock. "Are you kidding me." She says flatly and rhetorically.
      "Nope, I never kid. Nuh uh, never. I just knew you couldn't resist my pickup lines. Heh- get it? Pickup? Because I fell and I- nevermind."